Mallorca road bike hire recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DanielGyi 14 Sep 2021

Hello, I'm headed to the east coast of Mallorca for a couple of weeks and hoping to get some cycling in.

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations of where to rent road bikes from by the day/week?

Cheers

markk 14 Sep 2021
In reply to DanielGyi:

Only used once, but we went to Max Hürzeler Bike Rental - good, would use them again.

mark burley 14 Sep 2021
In reply to DanielGyi:

i hired a Giant TCR disc from Bike Island Mallorca , Port Pollenca in July. I found them very good, I hired for 4 days but transferred a day to my second week as the family  was beginning to ask where I was going every day and also I was pretty trashed after a 3rd day on wheels. I collected the evening before day 1 so no lost time. 

I paid a bit extra and sent my dims with the booking but they didn’t fit 172.5 cranks as requested (175 on) in the end it didn’t matter plus disc brakes are euro set up, also didn’t matter. The bike was good but not as sexy as some on the road but I didn’t want bike envy when I got home and was certainly up to my 60 mile/ day routes .

I would suggest the location of the shop to your accommodation is a deciding factor in case of any requirements need tweaking.

Edit  for typos. 

Post edited at 12:47
 MJL 14 Sep 2021
In reply to DanielGyi:

I've been renting road bike's on Mallorca for last 20+ years, I either use Pollensa Cycling in Porte Pollensa or Bicis Sancho (Cala Millor/Cala Bona and Manacor). Had brilliant service from both over the years.

I usually rent for the entire week but both will rent by the day and Bicis Sancho will rent by the hour from their Cala Bona shop.

Sean Kelly 14 Sep 2021
In reply to DanielGyi:

Do the Cycle Trail from Manacor to Arte, an old disused railway line with stunning views  and some cracking little villages along the way where you can break the journey. Best done on a hybrid.

Post edited at 16:33
 mark burley 14 Sep 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

If we are into recommendations I have to say the descent from Col de Sal Batalia down to Lluc-Selva was my most amazing bike experience. 
5.5 miles of smooth tarmac, no cars, average -5%. Beautiful. And I generally preferred climbing to going downhill fast. 

OP DanielGyi 18 Sep 2021

Many thanks for the recommendations, and the route recommendations are much appreciated.

So much to go at!

In reply to DanielGyi:

I read the title as Metallica bike hire. I clearly need more sleep. Well, nothing else matters 🤷‍♂️

elsewhere 19 Sep 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> Do the Cycle Trail from Manacor to Arte, an old disused railway line with stunning views  and some cracking little villages along the way where you can break the journey. Best done on a hybrid.

Sounds fantastic!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...