Le petit depart

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Has anyone ridden this in previous years?

i’d like to do it (the short one, 38 miles, not the 80 mile version)

but I don’t have a road bike, only a mountain bike

is it madness to think of doing it with this? Will people openly laugh and roll their eyes? Will it take me until the 2019 version to complete the course? Or do people do it with MTBs, based on previous years...?

Rigid Raider 28 Apr 2018
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

Go and ask on Cycle Chat.

plyometrics 28 Apr 2018

You’ll be absolutely fine on the MTB and no one will be laughing at you, particularly when you’re cruising up the hills.

I’d not seen this event, but have just emailed my brother to see if he fancies doing the 80 with me and I’ll be on my MTB. 

In reply to plyometrics:

thanks... will get my application form then!

plyometrics 28 Apr 2018

Good stuff! Might see you there, I’ll be the other guy on the mountain bike!

andy 07 May 2018

Yep, it's the Skipton CC job, I assume.  The short route is nice - basically Kettlewell and back with some twiddly bits. The long route is good and gets you into Wensleydale via Kidstones, though have to say I don't really like the way they use the main road from Hawes over to Ribblehead - not the best route for a bike as it's a bit busy.  They also do "That Climb" out of Settle on the long route - hideous.  But that's also included on the medium and long routes by far the area's best sportive the White Rose Classix (blatant bias disclosure - my club's event).

plyometrics 03 Jun 2018

Did you end up riding today? If so, hope you had a good day out. I thought it was superb event. 

Great route and organisation!

In reply to plyometrics:

Yes! The first time I’ve done anything like this, and it was great. I got road tyres for the MTB and that seemed to be fine. The organisation was excellent as you say, and a lovely route. Looking at maps tonight to see what I might follow it up with...

plyometrics 03 Jun 2018

Cracking! Glad you enjoyed! I’m considering this, predominantly because it’s local for me:

https://www.brathaychallenges.com/events/cycling

Variety of different distances too. 

Enjoy the post event glow. 

In reply to plyometrics:

Thanks...! And will bear the brathay challenges in mind for next year, the middle one looks a bit of a step up but do-able...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...