Kid friendly Peak mountain biking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jus 01 Jan 2019

Hi all

What are the best circular routes in the Peak up to around 10 miles long with nothing to steep or technical? 

Fredt 02 Jan 2019
In reply to Jus:

Derwent Valley. Fairholmes to Slippery Stones, and down the other side, back to Fairholmes. 10 miles.

Various options on the High Peak Trail, Monsal Trail, and Tissington Trail.

phizz4 02 Jan 2019
In reply to Jus:

Circuit of Carsington Water, with a good cafe stop.

Hartington Station on the Tissington Trail. Go south to the road to Biggin, carefully cross the A515 and follow good track towards Gotham/Pikehall and join the High Peak Trail near Upperhouse Farm. Go north towards Parsley Hay and rejoin Tissigton Trail back to Hartington. Can be cut short by following track from just past Brundcliffe farm SW, across A515 back to Hartington Station.

TobyA 02 Jan 2019
In reply to Jus:

Lots of laps of Blue Steel and Cooking on Gas at Lady Canning - they'll love it! (And the bridleway back up isn't actually that steep).

Or if you insist on being boring, round the Derwent Valley reservoir(s). Its very pretty but not nearly as fun as Lady Canning.

thepodge 02 Jan 2019
In reply to TobyA:

10km of Lady cannings would be very boring.

I'm not sure I've managed more than 3 laps before wishing I was somewhere else. 

OP Jus 02 Jan 2019
In reply to Jus:

Cheers all

How about the Wharncliffe area?

afx22 02 Jan 2019
In reply to Jus:

I’d say it might be a bit hilly for kids, even if you stick to just the fire roads.  Likewise wit Greno Woods.

Lady Canning’s is a good suggestion.

OP Jus 02 Jan 2019
In reply to afx2

Done Lady Cannings with them lots of times, its great 

thepodge 03 Jan 2019
In reply to Jus:

If you can work out the old xc route at Wharncliffe then that's good but not the easiest to find or follow.

If you've done Cannings then I presume you've done Parkwood. Greno woods is similar to Cannings but a bit tougher.

You could go up the broken road from castleton, turn right, mam nick, drop down to Greenlands, back up to the ridge then down into the back of castleton via the campsite. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...