How to proceed when company wont address new bike issues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 smollett 15 Mar 2021

When the bike manufacturer stops talking to you over sub-standard components is there anything you can do? Is there a consumer standards? Basically the cost of the upgrade to the item was £50 on the bike builder. Turns out the item is heavier than one that can be bought off wiggle for 12.99. They will not explain where the value in this component lies and will not reply to my emails

Post edited at 19:44
 Andy Hardy 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Is it the exact same thing that you can get from wiggle, or something "similar"?

(Cheap, Light, Strong: pick any 2)

JLS 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Sounds like you should have done more research BEFORE you ordered the £50 upgrade and to be fair weight is not the only measure of an item’s worth.

I get that you feel a bit duped but if they supplied what your ordered I can see you’ve got much of a case...

In reply to smollett:

Is this the Ribble? Bicycle stuff is notorious for being advertised underweight. It's a sport fixated about weight - check out the Weight Weenies forum. 

To be honest you might be flogging a dead horse, sorry. I guess your choices are send the whole lot back, or try to move on. 

a crap climber 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

What's the item on wiggle ? What was the upgrade from and to?

On the face of it, it kinda looks like you chose the upgrade without checking whether it's good value or not. While it might be underhand of the company to sell it way over the odds and they're possibly trying to rip people off, the onus is on the buyer to check whether it's a good deal or not. Not convinced they really owe you an explanation, but perhaps there's more to this story? 

wbo2 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett: perhaps the one on wiggle is rubbish and has 80% off as a result.  .  More details else this is too random to answer

OP smollett 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

The item is this one.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3010125/

Link to the wiggle item is on here.

I get your point about buying once you have done the research. I read it and the quoted weight at the time on the site was way less than my one. I assumed weight quoted was for the size I ordered. The carbon in the description duped me into thinking it was a carbon item. I got confused  as look is a brand and I thought this was from them.

I guess i thought £50 extra for this component over the standard one on a £3000 bike would get me something reasonable rather than the rubbish that arrived

webbo 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

I have a stem that is carbon wrapped. It’s to get a cheap carbon look alike part. 

OP smollett 15 Mar 2021
In reply to webbo:

£50 plus original stem price good?

What's the point of it? Is it purely aesthetics? This is one thing I have been trying to get from them. It just looks like a mat finish to me and nothing that cant be achieved with a different paint.

Arms Cliff 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Good luck selling it with that advert 😂

Removed User 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Personally I like to have a nice solid lump of metal holding my handlebars on. 

GrahamD 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

You talk about bike builder.  Is £50 for a fitted part or a component?

Toby_W 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Well the expensive one does look nice but you're right, £50.  On the whole though not an expensive mistake, with bikes start cheap and then when you know what you want spend the cash.

Again £50, imagine if you'd bought this fame or an even more expensive one and then saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDztuezn0g&ab_channel=Hambini

Warning, the language is sometimes (always) not safe for work.  His earlier ones are far more engineering focused but lately he just roasts crappy bike engineering and QA.  I'm afraid I agree that the bike industry has become a bit poor in recent years!

Cheers

Toby

kevin stephens 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

As Eddy Merckx said; don’t buy upgrades, ride up grades

could it be that you’ve paid extra for stiffness and appearance rather than weight. A top rider may have been able to bent the cheaper stem in a sprint finish 

Post edited at 21:24
OP smollett 15 Mar 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

It was to upgrade the stem to a different one. Bike was built up from scratch anyway so there is no additional labour cost. Upgrade was made when I selected components on their bike builder tool. Just annoyed that they are unwilling to provide an explanation of where the value comes from for this item and considering the £50 uplift on the component I expected to get something better. 

afx22 15 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

People buy bike components because of aesthetics all of the time.  That’s why bikes come in different colours, aluminium components come in a variety of anodized finishes, you can buy carbon headset spacers and so on.  

And people do buy items that are made to look like carbon but provide no performance benefit.

It’s normal to do your research before making a purchase.  If you don’t, you’re choosing to take a risk and trading standards would measure whether the stem upgrade was sold as advertised or not.

OP smollett 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

Just watched it! Great video. I'm an engineer and have seen similar things from reputable companies who should know better. Trading on a reputation but you cant do that for long and it is much harder to build a good name than to lose one.

cragtyke 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Correct me if I've got this wrong, but Ribble have supplied what you ordered, at the agreed price, and now you want them to explain why similar looking products are available at a lower price elsewhere?

OP smollett 16 Mar 2021
In reply to cragtyke:

Weight stated on the site is considerably lower than weight of the item. I selected the upgrade and size I required. Weight stated is 120g. Weight of item is 177g, 50% more than stated. Not as advertised.

MisterPiggy 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

Hambini has a new subscriber! Thanks for the link - UKC is better than the YouTube algorithm 😀

MikeSP 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

From the ribble link, the standard stem is 148g and the upgrade is 120g including titanium bolts.

So assuming the weights quoted are for the same length your 50 quid saves you 19% of the weight.

Titanium isn't cheap either,  look at the pice of the frame.

Philip 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

If you bought on credit card, inform them you are raising as dispute with credit card company on the basis they supplied counterfeit product. You use the +50% mass as the reason you suspect it is a knock off. Then they can either have a hell of a time with the bank over a £3k order, or can offer you a refund for the part and you can buy the Wiggle one.

I can't think the bike shop will argue on a £3k sale over a £50 part they can resell.

Sir Chasm 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

This is their description:

Level 3 Carbon Look Road Stem

Carbon wrapped alloy stem, with titanium bolts and +/-7& deg of rise. Available in 80, 90, 100 and 110mm, with a 31.8mm Clamp diameter, and weighing 120g. Click the edit button on the right to select your stem size.

It clearly states that it's a carbon wrap. And I'd expect that the weight stated is for the 80mm length. Maybe just try getting out and riding your shiny new bike.

GrahamD 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Sir Chasm:

Its unfortunate that the part of the bike you see most of whilst actually riding is the stem

Removed User 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

You spent £50 to save an ounce. At least your wallet will be lighter. 

gethin_allen 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

So it seems you as pissed off that you got suckered by the schpiel. I can understand that, but you were never going to get a carbon stem from Look for £50, their cheap alloy ones start at around £80 IIRC. The thing that would have set alarm bells ringing for me was the logo that is trying to look like the enve logo.

The stem you have is perfectly serviceable and you're not going to notice 50g out on a ride.

TobyA 16 Mar 2021
In reply to MisterPiggy:

I read an interesting article about sexism and misogyny in the cycling industry recently - not sure how I came across it but it was depressing from a long standing female cycling journalist. Anyway some of the nastier abuse she had received recently was from Hambini and some of his troll-ish followers. He might well be right about engineering, but he didn't come across as a very nice person. I'll see if I can dig up the article - it was interesting.

spenser 16 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

It's not uncommon for someone to be quite a good engineer, have a good sense of humour and also be a thoroughly nasty person to anyone not in "their" group, thankfully I haven't worked with any of them for a few years.

Martin W 16 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

Is this the one you were thinking of?

https://road.cc/content/news/shockjock-vid-seeks-refute-sexism-claim-reinfo...

From the standfirst: "How hard is it to be a woman in the cycling industry?"

Having clicked through to the video linked above I found the title alone sufficient to deter me from watching it.

Richard Horn 16 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

I dont really buy into his brand of being frankly unpleasant towards companies / products he does not rate. Its sufficient to say things arent up to scratch without using expletives. 

TobyA 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Martin W:

That's not the article I read, but that's the journalist and the incident she wrote about.

Richard Horn 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

I just looked at their website - the product is called "Level 3 Carbon Look Road Stem", but underneath they state "Carbon wrapped alloy stem". To me its pretty obvious that its an alloy stem but in my opinion its dishonest advertising, and unnecessarily so - very few people (including world tour pro's) use carbon stems, there has long been discussion that this is one area of the bike where the twisting forces are not well suited to carbon. 

Really the warning sign should have been the price tag - a Zipp full carbon stem for example is approaching £200, and no lighter than an aluminium one. Anything "carbon wrapped" is almost certainly done so purely for aesthetics and usually ends up heavier than either a pure aluminium or carbon equivalent.

I would not equate it to the £12.99 wiggle one though, there are multiple grades of alloy (you can pay over £100 for alloy stems), and also the Level 3 states that it comes with titanium bolts and you will find these are several quid for each one, and there are 6 of them. 

Personally I would put it back on your bike and forget about it.

Post edited at 09:32
 gethin_allen 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Richard Horn:

> I dont really buy into his brand of being frankly unpleasant towards companies / products he does not rate. Its sufficient to say things arent up to scratch without using expletives. 

I just find him a bit of a tool and decided I wouldn't watch anything further by him.

ChrisJD 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Chalk it up to experience.  

You are now a wiser person.

Not bad for a £30 outlay.

Luke90 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Philip:

> If you bought on credit card, inform them you are raising as dispute with credit card company on the basis they supplied counterfeit product.

Please don't. Baseless claims like this harm our chances of retaining consumer-friendly regulations.

tehmarks 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Is it not considered sensible to ask where the values lies in a product before you buy it?

Either way, that's lighter than a quickdraw. Are you really going to notice the weight of a quickdraw on your bike at the recreational or amateur level? I'd proffer that a few more hill sprints will do you more good than a lighter stem.

Definitely one to chalk up to experience. Part of that experience can be "Company X's customer service is poo, and so I won't buy my next bike from them".

tomsan91 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

You thought they were going to give you a £260 LOOK stem for £50? Also since when was £50 a high price for a stem? 

Wait till you find out the carbon frame they have sold you is is just a generic open mould design they want £1200 for. 

Plenty of better options you can buy direct from China...

nniff 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

There's that old adage - There's light, cheap and good.  Pick any two....

Jim Lancs 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

I'm afraid I'm going to join the others with advocating caveat emptor.

There is a lot of choice around the country in where to buy a bike. If quality, integrity, workmanship and after sales service are all important to you, it's probably best if you don't use outlets renown for 'piling them high and selling them cheap'.

OP smollett 16 Mar 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

I naively assumed value was more than 50. This was the upgrade price which i took to be the value of the previous item + value of the supplied item. Previous item was fitted to a bike with a hefty price tag so I thought it was a quality product. 

I have done quite a bit of research on bike forums and see ribble understate weights on pretty much everything. Just par for the course I guess and I should have gone for a more reputable brand

tomsan91 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

Don't they offer a 30 day returns policy? I would just send it back if you can and order a Dolan Tuono, for £3k you can get hydraulic 105 and a set of 50mm carbon wheels. Ribble are just trying to place themselves as the UKs answer to Canyon. 

Marek 16 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

> I naively assumed ...

Therein lies the problem.

> I have done quite a bit of research on bike forums and see ribble understate weights on pretty much everything. Just par for the course I guess and I should have gone for a more reputable brand

As pointed out in the similar thread you started months ago, you'll find that pretty much all bike component manufacturers state 'optimistic' weights (typically for the smallest size, unpainted, with no extras like bolts) for their products. It's called marketing. It's actually quite easy to spot the difference between a market spec value and an engineering spec value: The former with be a single value (e.g., 100g), the latter will have either a defined standard deviation if it's not critical (e.g., 100g+-10g) or a minimum/maximum if it's critical (e.g., 110g max.). Perfection doesn't exist in engineering or manufacturing, only in marketing.

Toby_W 16 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA: I saw that and read up to see what it was all about.  I think he shredded an article she wrote with his usual bad language, she did not address or answer any of it but immediately called the police and started posting it was because she was a woman in the cycling industry.  I think he comes across very badly due to his language and the way he behaved over this, and she destroyed her reputation.  I don’t really like the language he uses sometimes but he treats everyone with equal scorn if something is poor.

One thing though, he’s not wrong about the shoddy engineering and practices in the cycle industry.  We all joke about some of it, if you undid all the modern aero advantages, films from 20 years ago must have been sped up as they could only have been doing 3-5mph on their bikes. 😂😂😂

Cheers

Toby

TobyA 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

>  I don’t really like the language he uses sometimes but he treats everyone with equal scorn if something is poor.

I just looked at his blog and the very weird - and rather disturbing - postings he had made about the journalist. Really really unpleasant. Then the comments are even worse! You always think where are these men who hate women so much they'll commit violence against them? We know they exists but hopefully most of us are lucky enough not come across openly saying that sort of stuff. I don't normally go to bits of the internet that attracts those type of people. But in the comments of a blog of a man who makes bearings and criticises bike companies!? Wow - it gets really dark really quickly. 

gethin_allen 16 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

I also just looked at his blog and yes, it really does fall from grace very swiftly. 

He really goes for digging potential dirt to try to destroy Michelle Arthurs-Brennan. 

Sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant and sad little man.

Just to add after reading further (why do I do this to myself) it gets darker still. He's apparently been trawling Strava and telling his followers when and when she rides and where she stops. Which I'd say is harassment and should certainly be stopped.

Post edited at 16:42
 Richard Horn 16 Mar 2021
In reply to gethin_allen:

I was actually looking at Hambini bottom bracket shells a couple of weeks ago. I will take my ££ elsewhere...

Toby_W 16 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

What's that rule?  Never (ever) read the comments!

Cheers

Toby

TobyA 16 Mar 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

Well yes, I suppose, although the article itself was misogynist enough and really quite disturbing in a  -I know where you live and I'm going to publicise it as much as possible to my followers!- sort of way. I mean what is that beyond an attempt to intimidate or threaten? What does someone's geographical position matter if you're not trying to physically threaten someone or at very least make them fear that someone might use violence against them?

I really wish I hadn't looked at his site now because, particularly in the light of last weeks horrible news, it is really rather disturbing.

Post edited at 20:37
 Ridge 16 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

> I really wish I hadn't looked at his site now because, particularly in the light of last weeks horrible news, it is really rather disturbing.

I haven't even looked. He's a bright lad from the linked youtube clip, but a clearly deeply unpleasant and malicious individual.

peppermill 17 Mar 2021

Aye he just seems like an obnoxious wee boy. If you want an ultra dorky engineering take on cycling and especially various materials stuff "Peak Torque" is worth a watch. Might frustrate people that buy into the industry hype though!

In reply to the OP:

Surely Ribble's fee includes one of their mechanics taking the old one off and upgrading? Sure it's a 5 minute job when building up a bike but it's not quite the same as buying a basic stem off of wiggle.

Post edited at 08:03
 GrahamD 17 Mar 2021
In reply to peppermill:

It's not just fitting the new part, its ordering and handling, plus taking the old part on as inventory.  Plus you would imagine that their business model depends on making a healthy wedge on upgrades whilst selling the basic products as cheaply as possible. 

peppermill 17 Mar 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

Oh I agree. You've just gone into a bit more detail with what I was getting at!

crayefish 17 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

Yeah, it is disturbing.

Having seen the article, and the general thing between that chump and Michelle, I forwarded it to my friend and we got chatting about sexism in cycling.  She had this to say, which i thought was amusing (first part) and good to hear (second part):

"Yup, the number of times I'll over take a guy on the road because I happen to be riding faster, only to hear the clanging of gears and the heavy breathing as he tries to overtake me back... The people I race with at the track are totally different, if you're good you win, if you're not you don't. Gender doesn't come in to it."

Richard Horn 17 Mar 2021
In reply to crayefish:

> "Yup, the number of times I'll over take a guy on the road because I happen to be riding faster, only to hear the clanging of gears and the heavy breathing as he tries to overtake me back... 

Has this ever actually happened though? - it is a quote I have heard so many times I am wondering if its just an old wives tale that keeps getting repeated. I get burnt off by women all the time btw and never bother clicking my gears.

StuPoo2 17 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

No comment on the carbon wrap stuff .. or the weight.

As others have rightly said ... a large part of your £50 is going to be your titanium bolts.  Call it £3 [1] a pop x 6 = £18.  There after .. you have a £32 stem.  

Did you really need the titanium bolts?

[1] https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/titanium_bolts/stan_titanium_m5_bolt/c75p11937...

crayefish 17 Mar 2021
In reply to Richard Horn:

I was quite literally told that today (its a direct quote of the message); as she is my best friend for many years, I'm inclined to believe her. 

Glug 17 Mar 2021
In reply to crayefish:

To be fair, I think a lot of people try and speed up when they are passed by a stronger cyclist, I don't think it's just because they are being passed by a female, I've had loads of people do it to me, and to be fair I have also been guilty of lifting my speed to keep up with someone that has passed me. 

artif 17 Mar 2021
In reply to crayefish:

>

> "Yup, the number of times I'll over take a guy on the road because I happen to be riding faster, only to hear the clanging of gears and the heavy breathing as he tries to overtake me back... The people I race with at the track are totally different, if you're good you win, if you're not you don't. Gender doesn't come in to it."

I wouldn't say that's a gender thing, just a general not liking being passed thing. I've had it happen numerous times.

The Hambini cr*p is a disgrace though, a thoroughly unpleasant person. 

As for the engineering, it's not as if  he's making anything hi-tech, a bit of aluminium with a couple of bearings, the sort of junk I used to make in my lunch breaks. As we say B/S baffles brains

gethin_allen 17 Mar 2021
In reply to artif:

> As for the engineering, it's not as if  he's making anything hi-tech, a bit of aluminium with a couple of bearings, the sort of junk I used to make in my lunch breaks. As we say B/S baffles brains

You should start doing it again, have you seen the price he's asking for one of his kits?

Marek 17 Mar 2021
In reply to Glug:

> To be fair, I think a lot of people try and speed up when they are passed by a stronger cyclist, I don't think it's just because they are being passed by a female, I've had loads of people do it to me, and to be fair I have also been guilty of lifting my speed to keep up with someone that has passed me. 

It's hardly a guilt issue. Like today, went out for a blast, sun was out, was enjoying it too much and ended up pottering round and enjoying the scenery. Cycling goes past - "Oh yes, I was supposed putting in some effort today. Let's see how long I can keep them insight.". Were they female? I have no idea.

nniff 17 Mar 2021
In reply to Marek:

> It's hardly a guilt issue. Like today, went out for a blast, sun was out, was enjoying it too much and ended up pottering round and enjoying the scenery. Cycling goes past - "Oh yes, I was supposed putting in some effort today. Let's see how long I can keep them insight.". Were they female? I have no idea.

That's me.  Chase a target or don't get caught, doesn't matter who they are.   If someone passes me potentially within pace range I try to hang on; I'll give them a reasonable gap and try and keep up.  I always say thank you for the tow (or blow up trying) and never pass unless they fade.  The latter happens a lot on my local hill, and I'll offer them a tow in return.   If a small group goes past on the flat I'll ask if they mind if I jump on and I'll do my turn if they're amenable.

There was a day that another rider and I turned into the hill from opposite directions.  I tried to keep up, because that's what I do if I get a chance.  Anyway, she was a walking muscle and left me going backwards within 50m.

artif 17 Mar 2021

I did check the prices and was surprised that people pay that.

I used to work in machine shops as a manual machinist/test tech. I've made hubs (front and rear) , suspension linkages, chain devices even the "special" tools to rebuild gas shocks etc, all during lunch breaks.

But to get into manufacturing this sort of stuff requires CNC machines, which I find very dull. It's easy enough to write a programme and get any local machine shop to knock em out. 

However, I'm more of a sketch on paper and make it type, to better tolerances than he was talking about. 

artif 18 Mar 2021

Following my previous reply, I just checked out the Ribble website.

Apparently all their frames weigh the same, which I find curious, unless they are doing some serious manipulation of the tubing/carbon to use the same amount of material for the larger frames

I suspect ; ) the quoted weights are for the smallest frames and they probably did the same for the OP's stem "forgetting" to quote the weights of the larger items. Probably not unique to Ribble though.

And there is also this direct from their website -

All weights used on this website are as supplied to us by manufacturers, wholesalers and/or their agents and representatives.

We do not guarantee these weights and it should be noted that in many cases the weights supplied to us have been qualified with a + or - 5%.

Post edited at 08:55
 wbo2 18 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:  Your big problem will be defining £50 of value, and their opinion v. yours.  Caveat emptor.

Hambini is foul.  I hate it when YouTube even recommends him

Dark-Cloud 18 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

I'm sure this has been said previously but if you really don't like it eBay it then buy the one you want and move on, its a £50 component, arguably it looks like something that should have cost <£30, if it were a £1000 set of wheels you had been stiffed over i would understand your frustration but this isn't worth the hassle of dealing with Ribble over.

Dark-Cloud 18 Mar 2021
In reply to wbo2:

Hambini used to be OK, i watched some of his newer stuff and he just seems to have turned into some sort of sweary a-hole now, not sure what happened, I'm guessing courting controversy gets him more followers and inflates his ego...

thepodge 18 Mar 2021
In reply to artif:

> All weights used on this website are as supplied to us by manufacturers, wholesalers and/or their agents and representatives.

> We do not guarantee these weights and it should be noted that in many cases the weights supplied to us have been qualified with a + or - 5%.

I used to work for a mail order bike brand and we were always asked about weights. On the vary rare occasion that anyone had the time to go find the part, weigh all the different variations, put them back in stock and reply to the person... they never believed us or would grumble when they weighed it and it was a few g out. The only scales we had big enough for a frame only gave results in multiples of 100g so all the frames weighed the same. 

I've watched 2 hambini vids and the guy is a grade A bell end. 

As for chasing people who have passed you. Maybe you don't mind but perhaps lots of people, predominantly women, do. 

Post edited at 13:39
 gravy 18 Mar 2021
In reply to thepodge:

I'm not fussy, I'll accept draft from anyone, although a big fat mamil is my favourite because they punch a huge hole in the air.

tehmarks 18 Mar 2021
In reply to Glug:

It's just an element of the natural competition and self-competition that most active people go through, isn't it? If I see walkers on the hill in front of me, I can't help but see them as a 'target'. It's good bonus motivation for getting sweaty and out-of-breath. I can imagine the same draw trying to keep up with someone faster than you, or wanting to overtake and put distance between you and the person in front. Similarly, I'm much more likely to smash a hard gym workout with my hockey team than I am on my own. It's just good motivation to push harder.

I'd be well dismayed if anyone thought I was doing that because I was passed by or behind a woman. I'm equally determined to be quicker (on foot) than everyone. Couldn't care less about their genitals!

Glug 18 Mar 2021
In reply to tehmarks:

I agree, I wasn't saying I had a problem with doing it😁

tehmarks 18 Mar 2021
In reply to Glug:

Yes, sorry, I was posting in agreement rather than in argument

thepodge 19 Mar 2021
In reply to gravy:

But that's all about you again. Stop chasing women down the street, there's a good chance they don't like it. 

Dark-Cloud 19 Mar 2021
In reply to gravy:

Personally I take offence to anyone taking my wheel uninvited whether I have passed them or they have latched on from behind, firstly it's not good etiquette, secondly it's a danger to me and them, I don't want some goon on my wheel that I don't even know can hold a wheel without overlapping or riding into the back of me, but that's just my take on it...

tomsan91 19 Mar 2021
In reply to thepodge:

This is spot on, we are currently having a national conversation about how this behaviour is some times a precursor to inappropriate interactions. There are a number of social media pages which are trying to show the negative effect this has on female riders just trying to mind their own business while out on a ride (womens cycling memes on Instagram being a good example) if you want to "test" yourself against other riders pin a number on or expect a negative response from people who's wheel you try to sit on. 

Post edited at 09:29
 jkarran 19 Mar 2021
In reply to smollett:

It doesn't even look like it's made of carbon.

> The carbon in the description duped me into thinking it was a carbon item. I got confused  as look is a brand and I thought this was from them.

Given it doesn't look like CF and and you say the weight is off spec (or am I misunderstanding?) are you sure you actually got the right part, that they didn't charge for the aesthetic 'upgrade' but ship the stock part?

jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...