Handlebar mount for GoPro - suggestions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Glyno 14 Oct 2018

Hi,

Looking for suggestions for a handlebar mount for attaching a GoPro Hero that is as good or better, but preferably a good deal cheaper than a genuine one.

Thanks in advance

LastBoyScout 14 Oct 2018
In reply to Glyno:

I use the K-Edge Go Big mount on my handlebars. Not particularly cheap, but rock solid.

OP Glyno 14 Oct 2018
In reply to Glyno:

a couple of very interesting options there, thanks

wilkie14c 14 Oct 2018
In reply to Glyno:

do you have a wahoo or garmin computer? you can get replacement mounts for those that have an under slung gopro mount built in

OP Glyno 15 Oct 2018
In reply to wilkie14c:

hmm, no, I have a Lezyne gps though. will do some research, thanks

olddirtydoggy 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Glyno:

Would a handlebar mount vibrate and jump too much?

OP Glyno 15 Oct 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

maybe, though I see plenty of cycling videos that look pretty good and I imagine the camera is bar mounted. I'm not sure helmet mounted would be better, possibly a bit uncomfortable on a long ride?

Graham6664 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Glyno:

You can buy a selection of OEM go pro mounts on Ebay very cheaply.

For example at £3.99

Look at eBay item number:252103540263

Dax H 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Glyno:

From my experience ignore the go pro knockoff mounts on ebay. I found the plastic was quite brittle and breaks easy. 

Martin W 15 Oct 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> Would a handlebar mount vibrate and jump too much?

In my experience a handlebar mount is more stable than a helmet mount (almost anything is, in my opinion, unless the wearer is skilled at using their head as a tripod - most aren't) but it does tend to have an almost continuous side to side wobble simply because you're almost always making tiny adjustments to the steering to stay upright.

I use a chest harness like this one from Decathlon:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/co-nect-chest-harness-id_8385663.html

It's the most stable I've yet found for activities like cycling and skiing, although it's fairly rubbish for walking - you don't realise how much you go up and down as you walk until you watch footage shot using a rig like that.

In reply to Dax H:

> From my experience ignore the go pro knockoff mounts on ebay. I found the plastic was quite brittle and breaks easy. 

Some do seem to be fairly rubbish.  Trouble is, it's difficult to know which are the OK ones and which are the poor ones.

cb294 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Glyno:

Stick it on your helmet mount. This has the added benefit of looking like a teletubby, you will be the envy of every three year old!

Sorry,

CB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...