Get in!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 14 Dec 2012
In reply to 999thAndy:

Since when was Leeds in France???
 Kimono 14 Dec 2012
In reply to LastBoyScout:
maybe if you read the article you wouldnt have asked this question
 LastBoyScout 14 Dec 2012
In reply to kieran b:

It's hardly the "Tour de France" if it starts in Yorkshire, is it?
 Enty 14 Dec 2012

Get with the program LBS - The Tour has been going outside France since the 1950's.

E
 LastBoyScout 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Enty:

I'm fully aware it's been doing that, but still doesn't seem "right" somehow.
 papashango 14 Dec 2012

The starts in Belguim, Netherlands etc etc are more 'right' or??
 Chris the Tall 14 Dec 2012
> (In reply to Enty)
>
> I'm fully aware it's been doing that, but still doesn't seem "right" somehow.

How often does the TDF stay within the borders of France ? I think 2003 was the last time
 Enty 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Not very often. I think 1999 stayed in France and before that I think it was 1990 - might be wrong though.

E
 Static 14 Dec 2012
In reply to 999thAndy:

Fantastic news. I wonder where they will go? Maybe the Etape de Dales route? Watching them on the hill past Garsdale Head station will be good. Or right side of Malham? I will definately be watching.
 Robert Durran 15 Dec 2012
In reply to papashango:
> (In reply to LastBoyScout)
>
> The starts in Belguim, Netherlands etc etc are more 'right' or??

No. All Wrong.

Talius Brute 15 Dec 2012
In reply to 999thAndy:

Brilliant news. Can't wait!
In reply to Robert Durran:

Oh damn, it's wrong is it? My god, how did not one realise?! We'd better contact the organisers as a matter of urgency and let them know they've organised their own event badly by sticking to a tradition which has been around for decades and adds a lot to the magic of such a great event.
 CENSORED 15 Dec 2012
In reply to 999thAndy: I wonder why it never went to Texas?

Banned User 77 15 Dec 2012
In reply to CENSORED:
> (In reply to 999thAndy) I wonder why it never went to Texas?
>
>

I thought a NYC start is being considered..
 Liam M 15 Dec 2012
In reply to IainRUK: I believe some bids from the US and the far east have been mooted before, though apparently Le Tour has a rule about how early the first rest day can come (not within the first week iirc) so the practicality of the return transfer is the major stumbling block in these cases.

This is I believe why the Yorkshire bid included a finish in the south east; to make the return to France easier.
 Robert Durran 15 Dec 2012
In reply to Byronius Maximus:
> (In reply to Robert Durran)
>
> Oh damn, it's wrong is it? My god, how did not one realise?! We'd better contact the organisers as a matter of urgency and let them know they've organised their own event badly by sticking to a tradition which has been around for decades and adds a lot to the magic of such a great event.

It lost quite a bit of its magic for me when I realised it wasn't a continuous loop, let alone that some of it wasn't even in france.

Enty 17 Dec 2012
In reply to Robert Durran:
> (In reply to Byronius Maximus)
> [...]
>
> It lost quite a bit of its magic for me when I realised it wasn't a continuous loop, let alone that some of it wasn't even in france.

By eck Bob tha sounds just like this chap:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20734523

E
 Henry Iddon 17 Dec 2012
In reply to 999thAndy:

Yeah great stuff. I did some photography the bid presentation to ASO so super chuffed it worked out.
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to LastBoyScout)
> [...]
>
> How often does the TDF stay within the borders of France ? I think 2003 was the last time

Next year!

Being Scottish I was hoping Edinburgh would get it but still pleased it's coming to UK. Sure they'll do a wonderful job in Leeds.
johnj 17 Dec 2012
In reply to 999thAndy:

Maybe skies wheely wound wheels woven with magnetic silk might fall to pieces cos o all pot oles tha needs a nice donkey to get up troad si thi
 nniff 17 Dec 2012
In reply to 999thAndy:

What chance do you think of T'Etape du Tour, around Yorkshire?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...