Garmin Edge 25 and new Varia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RankAmateur 07 Oct 2022

I've got an old Garmin Edge 25 that's otherwise been superceded by a watch and a Mio GPS unit
However - I'm intrigued by the Varia radar/light thingy, and the old version of the varia appears to have connected to the Edge 25.

Does the new Varia connect to an Edge 25, and if so, what functionality do you actually get out of it?

wilkesley 07 Oct 2022
In reply to RankAmateur:

Watch DCRainmaker's full review of plus and minus features:

UKC won't let me add the link. Search YouTube for "Garmin Varia Bike Camera Radar RCT715: In-Depth Review"

OP RankAmateur 10 Oct 2022
In reply to wilkesley:

Synopsis for people who don't want to watch the video - The built in camera functionality is awful. The radar and light bit is good.

Sadly doesn't answer the question about what it can do with an Edge 25

In reply to RankAmateur:

> Synopsis for people who don't want to watch the video - The built in camera functionality is awful. The radar and light bit is good.

> Sadly doesn't answer the question about what it can do with an Edge 25

The Edge 25 is not one of the supported devices as far as I’m aware so the won’t do anything with the camera output, but the radar probably outputs to the Edge in the same or similar style of older Varia radar ones do.

To get full compatibility including the camera you would need one of the (newer) supported units/devices.

If you read the online review from DCrainmaker it gave a in depth review when I read it a few months ago, and what units were supported and what the displays and functionality was like. There was also a phone app for control iirc.

I use an older Varia radar (no camera) and happy with it’s output to my Edge as is a useful guide to vehicles behind and relative speeds. Certainly useful early warning to me of the faster vehicles which can be struggle to hear if windy, etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...