Front wheel ebike conversion question.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Edwards 27 Feb 2021

I am looking for a front wheel ebike conversion, as that seems the easiest option. Currently I am considering the Dillinger 250W offer, but am wondering if there are other suppliers I should consider. It will be to upgrade my 1980's Muddy Fox - Courier Comp, and will be used  on the mostly flat cycleways, so I think 250W will be ample for what I need.

nniff 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Mark Edwards:

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/reviews/electric-conversion-kits/cytronex...

https://www.cytronex.com/

Not used it, but i almost bought one when the weakness was upon me for my commute - 23 miles each way, predominantly uphill on the way home.  Was toughing it out  when commuting was banned....

Dave B 02 Mar 2021
In reply to Tricky Dicky:

I've got a swytch... But need to install and test it

OP Mark Edwards 02 Mar 2021

Thanks for the links but this morning I placed the order for the Dillenger kit. The Cytronix one was interesting but I didn’t see any advantage over the Dillenger except for its stealth value and the smaller battery for an extra £200 made that a no go. I didn’t like the idea of mounting the battery on the handlebars of the Swytch one, add to that they won’t be available until May so that was off the list too. The other contender was the Bafang kit which was about £200 less, wasn’t keen on the battery being on a rack over the rear wheel and some comments about the plastic drive gears wearing out if used on hills ruled that one out too as hills are a fact of life here.

Yesterday I loaded our bikes into the van, picked up my 8 year old grandson from school, drove half way home, parked up the van and we rode about 5Km up the old railway line gradually ascending about 200mtrs. That was the first time I had been on a bike in 10 years and hadn’t ridden seriously for about 20. Yep, it was tough for both of us and I am nowhere near fit, as getting any fitness back after a heart attack 8 years ago has been a struggle.  Before lockdown the grandson was doing rugby club, swimming club, etc, and so his fitness could do with some work too but I guess his gains will be a lot quicker than mine, so hence the cycling aid so that I can keep up with him as he improves. We will be riding back to the car later (he only has school on a Monday) before taking him home and looking forward to it all being downhill so maybe a bit of a race too.

OP Mark Edwards 06 Mar 2021

So here we are so far.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...