Dan Bigham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 19 Aug 2022

Dan Bigham.  Wow.  New hour record.

DaveHK 19 Aug 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Bit of a dark horse is Dan!

OP GrahamD 19 Aug 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

Indeed.  Ineos obviously saw the potential,  though. 

Yanis Nayu 19 Aug 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

How long did it take him?

remus Global Crag Moderator 19 Aug 2022
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> How long did it take him?

A few years...

elsewhere 19 Aug 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Pretty amazing that someone who isn't a pro peleton rider can take the record in their spare time.

DaveHK 20 Aug 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

> Pretty amazing that someone who isn't a pro peleton rider can take the record in their spare time.

That's not quite what happened.

JLS 20 Aug 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Dan : “Yes Filippo, this parachute WILL help you break my hour record.”

OP GrahamD 20 Aug 2022
In reply to JLS:

I think this was just good management.  Let Bigham take the record briefly (whilst test running the new bike) before Ganna has a go.  Mind you, he might have raised the bar a bit more than Ganna was expecting!

JLS 20 Aug 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

I figured it was a case of… We’ve already hired the velodrome, Ganna isn’t in great shape… Dan do you want a go?

Marek 20 Aug 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

> Pretty amazing that someone who isn't a pro peleton rider can take the record in their spare time.

I also think that - particularly in minority sports like cycling - there's a significant population of non-pros who could be (and maybe are) as good as the pros, but just don't fancy the pro lifestyle (mostly poor paid, away from home lots, little future career...). 

steveriley 20 Aug 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Chapeau! Multiple national champ and already faster than Wiggo’s hour so not quite out of the blue. Does feel slightly like a dry run for Ganna though 😁

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...