cyclo cross world championships on BBC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cragtyke 29 Jan 2021

Tom Pidcock wants to beat best at World Cyclo-cross Championships - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/55815051

Coverage on iPlayer and website this weekend.

JLS 29 Jan 2021
In reply to cragtyke:

This is the first year I've took much interest in the cross season, watching most of the events featured on Eurosport. Seems like if things go to form then the medals are already decided.

1. Mathieu van der Poel

2. Wout van Aert

3. Tom Pidcock

Of course things don't always go to form...

OP cragtyke 29 Jan 2021
In reply to JLS:

> 1. Mathieu van der Poel

> 2. Wout van Aert

Yes, hard to see beyond them for the top two, 3rd would be good for Pidcock.

Eurosport have been very haphazard in their coverage this year, presumably to get people onto GCN, but with the road season approaching it's not a bad deal for £40.

Nic Barber 29 Jan 2021
In reply to JLS:

Zdenyk Stybar is back. Won't be 'cross dialled but you can't count out a previous 3-time champion.

MvdP and WVA deal with the top 2, with an almighty battle including Pidcock for 3rd.

Similar with the women - Brand vs. Alvarado, then a battle for 3rd.

Or at least it would appear.

webbo 29 Jan 2021
In reply to cragtyke:

> Yes, hard to see beyond them for the top two, 3rd would be good for Pidcock.

> Eurosport have been very haphazard in their coverage this year, presumably to get people onto GCN, but with the road season approaching it's not a bad deal for £40.

I have watched every cross race on Eurosport player, they even extended my contract for 6 months because of there was no races for a good part of last year. I have also got the next 12 months starting in June for 19.99 in the Black Friday sale.

JLS 29 Jan 2021
In reply to webbo:

>"I have watched every cross race on Eurosport player."

Yeah, I watch on Eurosport player. I paid £40 for it this year as they cheekily auto-renewed at full price at the start of the pandemic. The year before I'd made a point of cancelling so I'd get a £20 deal. I didn't mind too much paying the £40 as did enjoy the condensed classics season.

JLS 31 Jan 2021
In reply to JLS:

Looked like Pidcock got off to a bad start. He did well to come back to 4th but I’m sure he’ll be disappointed not to have got a medal.

Dave B 31 Jan 2021
In reply to JLS:

Watched the women's elite yesterday and men's elite today. 

Alvarado looked disappointing yesterday, but was that just poor luck at points. She didn't look strong over the course particularly. Did she hurt herself on the start crash? 

I thought Wout had it until he punctured. But that must have killed him trying to get to the pits. After that MvP just rode away for 2 laps, and then held it. 

I got quite excited when Tom got into 3rd, but  didn't see why he fell back almost immediately. Any ideas? Did Toon just have spare capacity, but  knew he couldnt take on the top 2. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...