Cycling on Cyprus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 18 Jul 2019

Hi,

Recommendations, please...

Off to Cyprus with the family for a couple of weeks next month and should have the time and opportunity to get a bit of cycling in.

So, what's Cyprus like for cycling - any good routes?

Is it possible to hire a half-decent bike - where's a good hire shops I'm not taking mine for just a couple of days. Staying SE of Paphos, but will have a car.

Thanks in advance.

Andy Gamisou 18 Jul 2019
In reply to LastBoyScout:

These lot hire out mountain bikes and are Pafos based. 

https://www.enjoycyprus.com

Dunno about road bikes.  No doubt you know this already, but it'll be ruddy hot (was up to around 42 degrees inland last week; now a cool 35-ish(!)).  

Not a cycling expert, but there's certainly good routes for either mountain or road biking.  Some of the pro road teams spend a bit of time in Cyprus, albeit not in August!

You could always go climbing instead - at least you can stay in the shade then

OP LastBoyScout 18 Jul 2019
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Thanks.

Yes, I know it'll be hot - like the time I went cycling on Lanzarote when it was an unseasonal 42 degrees!

Might chuck rock boots in, but anything more than that is a non-starter for this trip.

Andy Gamisou 18 Jul 2019

On the plus side it'll be cooler on the coast, especially around Pafos.  In August max daily temps probably from around 32 to 34.  Maybe quite nice for a couple of hours after dawn.

isaac1234 18 Jul 2019

I was cycling in Cyprus (near Paphos) back in March. We had unseasonably bad weather but still had a great time. The roads are very quiet, in good condition and drivers are generally good.

Hired bikes from this shop https://www.aspirecyclingcyprus.com would highly recommend them - good quality Canoyon bikes. They even delivered the bikes to our Villa. The website also has some suggested routes and the guy that dropped off our bikes marked up some good routes which we tried out. They will know where is best to ride if the weather is hot.

1philjones1 20 Jul 2019

If you’re around Kouklia try ‘Mountain Bike Cyprus & Vélo Cyprus’.

Good range of Ribble and Boardman bikes, deliver to villas, will set the bike up in advance to your measurements, good route advice and nice people. Highly recommended- used them twice now. Lovely routes into the mountains from there if you’ve got your climbing legs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...