Cycling from Achlean and Feshie to Corbetts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gilliesp 07 Feb 2020

Does anyone know how far one can take a bike from Achlean along Feshie estate tracks towards the two Corbetts, Carn Dearg Mor and Leathad an Taobhain? I would envisage walking most of way to latter hill, having left bike near Loch an t-Sluic, or much lower down track. I was also concerned about estate restrictions and locked gates. Thankyou.

Post edited at 13:05
 ScraggyGoat 07 Feb 2020
In reply to gilliesp:

Although the footpaths have been improved on the E side of the Feshie, you would be better cycling up the W side of the Feshie starting at Balnascriten, to avoid the river crossing, and to take advantage of the estate metalled road. The estate is one of the most access friendly in Scotland.  While I can't comment from any recent experienced I've cycled up to Loch an t-sluic twice without issue and would be amazed if there was any obstructions....I've also taken a bike (mostly pushing) over Leathad.

malky_c 07 Feb 2020
In reply to gilliesp:

I don't think there are any estate restrictions. I'd start on the west side of the Feshie though - there is a bridge near Stronetroper but rougher paths to get to it from Achlean, and if you crossed down at Carnachuin, you'd be wading up to your waist even in fairly normal conditions. If you start on the west bank, I think it's tarmac all the way down to Feshie Lodge and pretty reasonable afterwards (I haven't actually been along the mile or so NE of Loch an t-Sluic but pictures of it look OK).

OP gilliesp 07 Feb 2020
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Cheers SG. The only reason Balnascriten wasn't mentioned in post was access problems/estate gates (never been up those tracks) maybe and perhaps lack of car parking opportunities but your info is very helpful.

OP gilliesp 07 Feb 2020
In reply to malky_c:

Thanks M - West side approach it is then.

dmhigg 07 Feb 2020
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

We cycled to Leathad in the summer; big track to .847, then a short walk. Very cycleable but MTB rather than cyclocross. Take the west bank: there's an obvious parking space where the public road ends. Even with a walk up to the last top, it's a short trip ( less than 3hrs). Save it for a nice day because the best thing about the hill is the view and sense of open space.

Post edited at 19:53

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...