Cav

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 13 Apr 2021

Class......just that....as always talks about the team effort and great to the fans...

GrahamD 14 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

Good to see the old boy still has the spark after the wringer he's been through.  Not sure what salary he's on but looking like good business for DK already.

JLS 14 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

Fantastic to see him back going well. Shows amazing resilience to keep believing in himself and keep plugging away until it came good again.

Hope he can build on these victories and gets the chances and luck to get a big win. It seems unlikely that he’ll make the Tour team if Sam Bennett is fit and well. It will be interesting to see what races he now gets to ride and whether he can be competitive against the best.

Yanis Nayu 14 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

Fantastic. Got a high five off him in 2019 and I felt like an 8 year old kid. Absolute legend. 

65 14 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

I am so pleased to see him back at the front. Always liked him, probably the most impressive sprinter in cycling history and half of the double act of my favourite ever sporting moment, (Champs d'Elysses, July 2012).

In reply to GrahamD:

and now 3 in a row in Turkey. 

Shows how big a name he still is. Fairly sure I wouldn't be paying as much attention to the Tour of Turkey if it wasn't for Cav. 

lboutside 14 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

The guy just doesn't have an ounce of quit in him, hopefully he will get a chance to get back into the bigger tour teams, he's certainly showing he's still got it

GrahamD 14 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

And in other news today, nice one Tom Piddcock. 

Henry Iddon 14 Apr 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

> Good to see the old boy still has the spark after the wringer he's been through.  Not sure what salary he's on but looking like good business for DK already.

Indeed.

I think Specialized are paying either his wages or win bonuses - or both.

OP abr1966 15 Apr 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

> And in other news today, nice one Tom Piddcock. 

Agreed!! A great victory for Piddcock and well deserved, he's had a great season so far! Ineos have had a good classics season....

In reply to Yanis Nayu:

That's cool! He lives around the corner from me and cycles past my house quiet often. Have exchanged hello's once but no high fives. One of my cycling ambitions is to get lucky and just happen to be out on my bike at the same time and on the same road as him or Alex Dowsett (he also cycles past quite often) and ask for a picture. I'm not sure it will ever happen....but you never know.

A mid week ride to the Blue Egg cafe gives the best odds...but work gets in the way 

GrahamD 16 Apr 2021
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Funny how cyclists always call that cafe the "Blue Egg".  Its called something corny like "Knead Food" but noone ever uses that name.

Jim Hamilton 16 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

> Agreed!! A great victory for Piddcock and well deserved, he's had a great season so far! Ineos have had a good classics season....

Pidcock!

GrahamD 16 Apr 2021
In reply to Jim Hamilton:

> Pidcock!

Mea culpa !

In reply to GrahamD:

I know, but it does have a very large sign outside which says "The Blue Egg Cafe" which might be the reason?

GrahamD 20 Apr 2021
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> I know, but it does have a very large sign outside which says "The Blue Egg Cafe" which might be the reason?

Are you absolutely sure it doesn't say Blue Egg Farm Shop, with a Kneed Food sign for the cafe ? Which reminds me I'm long overdue another visit.  Its been over 6 months, I reckon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...