Cateran Trail by gravel bike?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peebles boy 20 Jul 2020

Anyone done/have local knowledge of the Cateran Trail (Blairgowrie/Spittal of Glenshee loop)

An comments on whether its mtn bike terrain, or mostly skinny tyre friendly? I've seen the Spittal-Dalnaglar Castle section is a minefield of styles, cows, ruts and fields so will be on the A93 for that part anyway, but any other terrain info appreciated 😃

DaveHK 20 Jul 2020
In reply to peebles boy:

Wee trip report that might be of use.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-cateran-trail/

OP peebles boy 20 Jul 2020
In reply to DaveHK:

Aye, saw that, which us where I got the Spittal-Dalnaglar info, but the original post is 6yrs old and the more recent link to the Stirling Bike Club write up is a broken link...

daviemore 20 Jul 2020
In reply to peebles boy:

Cycled round it last week but started from home near Dunkeld and went via Loch Ordie to join the route near Kirkmichael. IMO this is a much better route as the section from Blair is a pain. I used a mtn bike but i have fairly bad arthritis so need suspension. Its rough/bumpy rather than technical so you'll take a bit of a pounding on a gravel bike, but if you're ok with that.... It was also quite wet in places so some decent grippy tyres will help.

Bear in mind its designed for walkers so the east half takes a few detours to avoid road walking - just use the road at these sections.

PM me if you want a gpx of my route.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...