Castelli sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

...does my head in. Especially when I buy bibs online and have to send them back...twice!

I have a medium pair of long bibs for winter which have been great, so bought a pair of medium premio bib shorts. Tried them on, castrated me. Way too short in the body (I am 5'8'' and 28 inch waist so hardly big) So sent back for a large...almost exactly the same issue, but not quite as bad. Rode 40km in them and my balls were in my chest. Very uncomfortable always having to adjust and pull on the shorts in the crotch area when on the saddle to try and get some relief. 

Can I send these back? probably not (although I have all the packaging and labels to re attach)

Just went into an Evans and tried some other Castelli bibs (Velocissimo) and they were ok in large but not tight around the end of the short around my lower thigh.

Does anyone else find sizing inconsistancies with this brand? 

summo 24 Apr 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Any cycling brand. Designed for 180cm 70kg riders, with 1% body fat. I've a large sized jacket, that is probably the same physical size as a small mountaineering jacket.

Yanis Nayu 24 Apr 2019

They’re small compared to “normal” clothing, but I’ve always found them consistent. Bib shorts do pull when you’re standing up but are more comfortable when seated. 

LastBoyScout 24 Apr 2019

Had to go for Large in my Nanoflex bib tights and they're a perfect fit, but my Nanoflex leg warmers are medium, as are my Volo shorts.

cb294 24 Apr 2019

Castelli comes in two sizes, too small and much too small. 

I have switched to Gore Bike wear and Vaude, both of which are XLish in XXL.

CB

r0b 24 Apr 2019

Being tall and slim bib shorts where the bibs are too tight do my head in (well, like you, do my nuts in really I guess!). Especially as there is no need functionally for them to be particularly tight at all! The bib straps should be good and stretchy IMHO, more comfortable and makes going for a pee easier too.

abr1966 24 Apr 2019

They do some nice stuff but its always small! Im a large in most normal clothes but the xxl castelli stuff is too small! My son has it off me instead....he's about 10 and a half stone and the xxl fits him just right!!

nniff 24 Apr 2019

I'm fine on Castelli jerseys, but bibs do my head in.   Try changing to Assos at the same price point - they seem to be sensible - I'm 6ft, a bit over 11 1/2 stone and a 32 inch waist and Assoc medium fits perfectly.  On the other hand, Castelli Large are too short from shoulder to crotch and extra large are too baggy around the top of the knee.   Castelli large for jerseys.

Run_Ross_Run 24 Apr 2019

Yep. Purchased a ROS lite (amazing jacket BTW if anyone wants a cool summer/autumn/winter jacket) in blue size large about 9 months ago (I'm 6ft, 32 waist and 78kg) fitted perfectly.  Purchased another this time in red, same size, about a month a go and its a bit too small for me.

Go figure... 

Post edited at 17:24
cb294 24 Apr 2019
In reply to r0b:

In general, bibs seem to be designed for "legs only" bodies (large kangaroo index?). 

I have a longish upper body, and had to extend my bib straps by removing all the extension buckles and sewing the straps with the extra 5cm or so gained directly to the bibs. I had to do this for my Gore cycling bibs as well as for my ME soft shell mountaineering trousers and my Mammut hard shell salopettes. Buying a size larger (where one exists at all) does not help either, as the bib straps are barely any longer, but the legs massively so.

CB

Glyno 06 May 2019

Castelli sizing is between 1 and 2 sizes down depending on when you last ate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...