Anyone used VeloViewer or anything similar?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 27 Apr 2020

I've just discovered VeloViewer, haven't tried using it yet - but found it when trying to find out if you can see all your segment positions on Strava (I can't find a way to do this but VeloViewer appears to allow it).

Anyone used it?

From what I can see on Strava the only way to see your position on a segment is to click through to its page and the only way to get to that is to either have starred it or to go via the activity page, which is just long winded, I want a summary page of all Segments I've been for both running and cycling. From what I've read VV does this.

Post edited at 13:23
 felt 27 Apr 2020
In reply to elliot.baker:

You can do the same within Strava by using a free plugin called Stravistix (now Elevate). For each segment, it shows your position, your % off the KOM and your % off your PB. It's colour coded, and it's nice to be in dark green most of the time.

I used to use Jonathan O'Keefe's mapping service, which showed all your rides on a heatmap, but I can't seem to get it to work anymore.

bigbobbyking 27 Apr 2020
In reply to elliot.baker:

I subscribe to Veloviewer, mainly for the cool tilemap thing. It divides the world into 1mile x 1mile tiles and then colours them in when you have recorded an activity in that tile. I found it is a fun way to plan rides onto roads/areas you've not been to before.

It then provides metrics like your largest continuous square (mine is 19x19) and your largest 'cluster' of squares where each square is surrounded by filled squares.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...