ANT+ Dongle recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tonybhoy 17 Feb 2021

Having recently bought a Wahoo Kickr I am looking to connect it to the laptop via an ANT+ dongle. Are they much of a much or is there a 'best' one to buy?

Thank you.

BenedictIEP 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Tonybhoy:

Just avoid the Chinese knock-off brands on eBay and Amazon and you'll be fine.

Dark-Cloud 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Tonybhoy:

I just use Bluetooth on the laptop for my Kickr, works fine but i'm guessing yours hasn't got Bluetooth, i would go Wahoo or Garmin for the Ant+ dongle, no point in spending £700 on a turbo and it having a shonky connection!

r0b 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Tonybhoy:

If you're looking to use Zwift or something Bluetooth is much better supported than Ant+

ro8x 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Tonybhoy:

you should be able to connect it via bluetooth which is much more reliable than Ant+.

I have got a tacx Flux connected via Bluetooth and had no connection issues with it at all in the past 12 months. 

robhorton 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Tonybhoy:

I've got a £20 LifeLine one from Wiggle which seems to work fine. If you have a built-in Bluetooth receiver on the laptop I'd try that first though (I'm using a desktop which doesn't).

Richard Horn 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Tonybhoy:

I bought a Magene USB ANT+ from Wiggle (thinking it was necessary) when I bought my smart turbo before Christmas. Then one day I started using Zwift and realised that the dongle wasnt plugged in but it was still working - the laptop had just connected using bluetood, doh! 

Having researched more, ANT+ is really more for sensors as it is lower power, bluetooth will give a better connection (particularly indoors where you might have other interference) but is more power hungry - but thats obviously not a concern on a turbo or laptop.

kevin stephens 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Tonybhoy:

Bluetooth is best

I had to change my chest strap for one which transmits on Bluetooth as well as ANT+, cheaper and simpler than a dongle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...