The Montane Lakeland 100
Distance 105 miles (169 km)
Total ascent 6,322m
Steepest climb 31% (1 in 3)
Time 20 – 40 hours (Trail running)
Start/finish John Ruskin School Coniston, SD302974
Nearest town Coniston, Cumbria
Terrain The circular route encompasses the whole of the Lakeland fells, includes in the region of 6300m of ascent and consists almost entirely of public bridleways and footpaths.
Guidebooks We have copies of the Harvey 1:40,000 course maps available for purchase following the 2011 event. The map is a full 1:40,000 Harvey map of the Lake District with the route pre-marked on waterproof paper. Whilst stocks last, we will also send a waterproof copy of the appropriate road book, which is a written description of the route, step by step
Event website www.lakeland100.com
Event date Start 17:30 27th July 2012
Event registration All entries are online at www.lakeland100.com
Entry fee £90 per competitor to include:
1. 2 nights camping and parking (one car and one tent per competitor). Camping is available Friday and Saturday (if required). If you wish to arrive earlier than Friday there are local campsites in the Coniston area but camping is not available at the school. There are toilets and showers available at race HQ from Friday through to Sunday afternoon.
2. Waterproof road book (written description of the route).
3. Harvey 1:40,000 waterproof map of the Lake District with the route and checkpoints pre-marked.
4. Food and drink at each checkpoint on the route (specifics will be provided closer to the event).
5. Quality Montane event technical T-Shirt.
6. Finishers medal (that's the one thing you don't get 'in advance').
7. Finishers meal at race HQ.
8. For 50 mile competitors, coach transportation to start at Dalemain.
9. Medical support from race doctors and physio team.
10. Live event monitoring for you and your family / friends throughout the event.
11. The opportunity to attend the pre-event recce days (for competitors only).
Weather and hill conditions mwis: Lake District – Met Office: Lake District
Maps OS Explorer OL7 (1:25,000), OS Explorer OL6 (1:25,000), OS Explorer OL5 (1:25,000), OS Explorer OL4 (1:25,000), Harvey/BMC Lake District (1:40,000), OS Landranger 90 (1:50,000), OS Landranger 97 (1:50,000), OS Landranger 96 (1:50,000), OS Landranger 89 (1:50,000)
Find more Classifieds near this route
Tourist info Coniston (015394 41533); Hawkshead (015394 36946); Waterhead (015394 32729)
The route for the UTLD starts in Coniston and heads South before completing a clockwise loop which takes in the Dunnerdale fells, Eskdale, Wasdale and Buttermere before arriving in Keswick. From here the route heads to Matterdale and continues over to Haweswater before returning via Kentmere, Ambleside and Elterwater to the finish at Coniston.