Boreal Arwa Bi Flex advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 26 Nov 2016
I need a new pair of boots and I am thinking of the Boreal Arwa Bi Flex. I must confess that I know very little about this brand and I see they don't have a gore tex lining etc. Are they waterproof?? and suitable for the winters of these islands?? i.e as much water as snow. They are a good price. I need to replace my La Sportiva Nepal extremes and the lighter weight is also attractive. Your advice would be much appreciated....Stephen
OP goatee 29 Nov 2016
In reply to goatee:

bump
 Robin Woodward 29 Nov 2016
In reply to goatee:

I don't have the arwa's, but have a pair of stetind's, which are relatively comfortable, warm, very durable and waterproof. I imagine the arwa's would be a step up in comfort although probably not as warm and would need pairing with gaiters in some conditions.
 Timmd 29 Nov 2016
In reply to goatee:

They have a different kind of waterproof lining.

Bi-Flex System Technology for superior flexion and comfort
Waterproof and reinforced one piece Dynatec with Lorica.
HFS - Heel Fit System: holds the foot firmly in place and greatly enhances comfort
Thermal Layer with Thinsulate insulation
Cordura outer
Dry-Line® Waterproof lining
Vibram Teton Outsole
Three-piece adjustable Velcro Tongue System (VTS).
Neoprene closure for thermal insulation.
Rubber rand for protection.
Weight 1980g (pr)
OP goatee 30 Nov 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Thanks for that. It's the efficacy of the waterproofing I'm concerned about. Stephen
 Timmd 30 Nov 2016
In reply to goatee:

It's my understanding (from talking to a guy who's bought a few pairs with the lining) that even goretex linings break down through use meaning the boots eventually stop being waterproof.

I've always had leather boots so I can't be of help...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...