High price for Rock Fax Rjukan guide book.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jupiter's Beard 21 Nov 2016
Why is the Heavy Water ice climbing guide book seemingly so pricy? What's a fair price for a second hand copy?
 ElliottB 22 Nov 2016
In reply to Jupiter's Beard:

I don't think it's in print anymore, so it's going to attract a bit of a premium I'd expect.
 Paul at work 23 Nov 2016
In reply to ElliottB:

> I don't think it's in print anymore, so it's going to attract a bit of a premium I'd expect.

You could still buy them in the shops in Rjukan when I was there last season.

The 2005 book has sold out from most places, although you can still find the odd copy in some climbing shops and maybe in the area as stated above.

The bizarre online prices happen to old books when the algorithm to work them out goes a bit wonky. Whatever you do, don't actually pay these prices. Instead a 'Wanted' post on UKC could well get you a used copy at a more reasonable price.

The book itself has dropped off our list of books since it was never really fully on in the first place. The book was produced by Norwegian Tom Atle Bordevik and we just published it for him. The format is too old for us to use any more and Tom has said he won't be producing another book in print format himself. In order to get a new book it would need starting again from scratch.

We have made the book available on the Rockfax App for £14.99 with one or two updates included from the 2005 book.

http://www.rockfax.com/climbing-guides/books/heavy-water-rjukan-ice-2005/

Alan
 winst0n 23 Nov 2016

TIC (and the expensive sport shop, I think) has them. They are beautiful. 250 Krone (from memory), which is probably a million pounds now Or £25.
 winst0n 23 Nov 2016

As in the TIC in Rjukan. Just to be clear. Not helpful if you're not there but I'm guessing you're going...
 3leggeddog 23 Nov 2016

How much is it going for? should I sell mine or is the market expected to boom?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...