First Aid Kit content survey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I would appreciate if you could fill in this survey as part of research into the content of peoples first aid kit in the outdoors.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RDBTHGR

Dr Keiran O'Mahony

I would be greatful if you could share the link to anyone who might help.
Post edited at 16:01
In reply to K Dawg:

Thank you for the responses so far.
Would be great if it could be shared wherever possible. If anyone wants results then I will be happy to give them to people.
 Nordie_matt 17 Nov 2016
In reply to K Dawg:

Done and shared.

Matt
 gethin_allen 17 Nov 2016
In reply to K Dawg:

For the non medical amongst us perhaps it would be worth having a brand name example of the drugs you list eg imodium/loperamide
In reply to K Dawg:

I have just tried, but I'm finding it very hard to answer meaningfully.

E.g. Q1: No Medical Kit. I don't *always* carry one for single day outings, depends on what I'm doing and where I'm going. I almost always would for multi-day.

I think you might have been better splitting the survey into single days and multi-days. I'm sure there are many people who never, ever do multi-day trips.
 ellpeecee 17 Nov 2016
In reply to K Dawg:

Completed. Interesting choice of Tramodol seeing as it's now classed as a Controlled Drug.

Good luck tho!
 Jenny C 18 Nov 2016
In reply to gethin_allen:

I assumed that if I didn't know what it is I don't carry it
 Bootrock 18 Nov 2016
In reply to K Dawg:

Would it be possible to see the results once it's completed? Would be interesting to see.

gethin_allen 18 Nov 2016
In reply to Jenny C:

I was assuming the same until I got to the end and wondered what active ingredient is in imodium because I put that in if away on multi day trips.
 ianstevens 18 Nov 2016
In reply to K Dawg:

Just stick them on here when you have them? I'd also be interested.
In reply to K Dawg: you could also add OP airway.

In reply to K Dawg:

Lots of drugs on that list, which, for a pure first aider (i.e. not a medic), aren't really applicable, except for self-medication, so I'd think of them as 'personal meds'.

So, is this meant to be about a personal FAK, for self treatment, or a "first aider's FAK", for treating others?
 marsbar 18 Nov 2016
In reply to K Dawg:

I forgot to add rehydration sachet as a possible extra. I don't tend to take them but I know some people do.
 marsbar 18 Nov 2016

That was on there, Loperamide I think.
 marsbar 18 Nov 2016
In reply to lewk_c:
I think I had some lying around that the (rather odd) neighbour had left over. Perhaps I'd better make sure it was disposed of.

No, it's still here. I assume take it to a pharmacy is the best way to dispose of it?
Post edited at 22:14
 gethin_allen 18 Nov 2016
In reply to marsbar:

It was, but as I was filling it in I didn't know that loperamide was Imodium.
 marsbar 18 Nov 2016

I was the same. I had to look it up.
 mff513 19 Nov 2016
In reply to K Dawg:

Something I like to carry is a Mars bar or snickers not an obvious thing but it could save someone's life if they are a diabetic
 ellpeecee 19 Nov 2016
In reply to marsbar:

Yeah that it to any pharmacy and they'll be able to dispose of it for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...