La Sportiva Testarossa replacement?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 05 Nov 2016
So I was fortunate enough to pick up a pair of la sportiva testarossa's for £45 last year, they took great to a resole however I'm pretty sure they're not available in the UK, when it comes to finally retiring them can anyone point me in the direction of a similar shoe as I'd rather not spend £110-£120 on a pair from Europe?
I quite like the softer heel they have and feel a much better fit than my Miura VS. How do Tenya Masai shape up?
Thanks folks!
In reply to Tigger:

The Testarossas are my go-to shoe, but I've never found them in the UK
You can pick them up for 114 euros from the climbing shop in Font scape-shop.com which s the best price at the mo. Think you've either got to bite the bulletin wait until the pound strengthens back to when you could pick them up for 85 quid ;/(
 Si dH 06 Nov 2016
In reply to Tigger:

Masai are very different shoes, most similar to an Anasazi Verde but with slightly narrower toe box.
 3leggeddog 06 Nov 2016
In reply to Tigger:

This wont save you money but will add fun.

Go on a trip abroad and buy some out there.
 Luke01 07 Nov 2016
In reply to Tigger:

I've not used testarossas for years, but I've just switched from solution to skwarma and I like them alot. Didn't really get on with the pointyness of the solution, I think the skwarma are a nicer shape.
 Droyd 24 Nov 2016
In reply to Tigger:

https://shop.epictv.co.uk/en/climbing-shoes/la-sportiva/testarossa-climbing...

£96 - thought it was worth reviving this thread for the Testarossa devotees.
 Tyler 24 Nov 2016
In reply to Tigger:

I've just bought a pair of these, same rubber as the Testarossa I think, slightly downturned. Only used them at the wall so can't judge but think they are ok but heel not all that secure

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/edge-climbing-shoes-id_8346034.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...