Reccomended headtorch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JackM92 01 Nov 2016
Getting a new headtorch, what makes/models would you reccomend?

Needs to be bright, reliable and have a decent battery life!
 kestrelspl 01 Nov 2016
In reply to JackM92:

I'm happy with my BD Storm. It's bright enough for night nav (for me at least) and has 4 AAA batteries rather than 3 so the battery life is pretty good. It's also waterproof and if you hold the power button down for 6 seconds it locks so that it won't turn on by accident in your bag.

I see there's a new version since I got mine, but the features look much the same.
 Dave the Rave 01 Nov 2016
In reply to JackM92:

An old petzyl zoom with LED bulb for an extra £10 and AA A converter. Less than £30 to eBay and convert
 Fraser 01 Nov 2016
In reply to JackM92:

The Petzl Tikka is quite good value at about £30.
 TobyA 01 Nov 2016
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Why not buy something lighter, brighter and cheaper?

Do you need any more old Zooms? I think I might still have two in the attic somewhere. I'll do you a good deal on bulk buy. One I converted into an arctic model - works great at -24!
 LG-Mark 02 Nov 2016
In reply to JackM92:

Following a similar question on here, consensus recommended a BD Storm so i bought one.
I'm really pleased with it, bright enough for climbing and walking and seems to have decent battery life so far.

In reply to Dave the Rave:

You can have my Petzl Arctic (including halogen bulb and 4.5 V battery in the pouch) for less than £39.99...
In reply to JackM92:

My old Tikka+ ticks all your boxes, and I like the optional red light for conserving night vision and not disturbing a sleeping mate.
In reply to JackM92:

I have a 160 lumen Storm never used. Colour is dark blue. Let me know if this interests you.
In reply to JackM92:

I have a Black Diamond 160 lumen Storm never used. Colour is dark blue. Let me know if this interests you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...