FOR SALE: EXTREME ROCK by KEN WILSON £200.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 coolbert 19 Oct 2016

premier post photo
For Sale:

One copy of Extreme Rock by Ken Wilson and Bernard Newman.

Classic accounts of mega-classic routes: The Bells the Bells, Green Death, Indian Face etc.

Good condition, no pages torn or folded. No inscriptions or tick marks.

Dust jacket in nice condition, price clipped and small tear on spine. Happy to email with detail pictures.

Currently selling for £250-£2800 on amazon, this is the cheapest copy online right now so no offers please.

Your chance to own a bit of climbing history. (Only selling as I now own two, I'm not daft!)

Price includes postage and will be carefully packaged.

email me at prestonwestwick@hotmail.com

Paypal only at the above address.

Ta much.
Post edited at 16:23
In reply to coolbert:

When was your copy printed?

I don't think the fact that it's for sale on Amazon at £2800 is a useful guide to how much it's worth.
OP coolbert 04 Nov 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:
Sorry Frank the Punter, if you don't know when Extreme Rock, the most well known climbing publication ever, was printed, or what it's worth, then I can't help you.

Also, your trolling game is weak.

Also, it sold in a day.

Also, boom.
 BrainoverBrawn 05 Nov 2016
In reply to coolbert:

Frank can sniff out a bargain anywhere and that was not a bargain. We, the readers made it valuable and when a pal hides it in the attic we respect neither the book nor the pal.
In reply to coolbert:

> Sorry Frank the Punter, if you don't know when Extreme Rock, the most well known climbing publication ever, was printed, or what it's worth, then I can't help you.

I was asking because I (perhaps mistakenly) thought there'd been a couple of editions. Pointing out that a price of £2800 on Amazon isn't a good guide to the book's worth isn't "trolling"...it's a fact - and it's good to understand the difference. This is a strange book - it gets such high prices but it isn't really all that good, but that's what rarity & hype can do I guess.

Well done you for selling it in a day ("boom" - what does that mean?)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...