rucksack recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi all, I'm looking for a rucksack around the 25L mark for scrambling days and hillwalking. I've narrowed my search down to the Montane Cobra and Force Ten Alpine 25 and can't decide between the two. I'm also open to any other recommendations.

Thanks in Advance
 Glyno 16 Oct 2016
In reply to The Freewheelin’ Jim182:

I use this: http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en_GB/climbing-packs/speed-22-pack-BD68117...

very well designed and made, light and comfortable
 Phil1919 16 Oct 2016

I'm now a fan of Ospreys.
 zimpara 16 Oct 2016

Patagonia ascentionist 25 would be my choice, or an arcteryx alpha fl 30.
Montane cobra looks nice anyway.

With that said, I had £130 to spend on a daysack last week, I was set on an ascentionist 35 or an Arcteryx alpha fl 45- but got a Haglöfs roc speed 40 for £70 instead.

Funny things are daysacks.
 barbeg 16 Oct 2016
Hi Jim,
Force 10 Alpine without a doubt. I use the 25, 35 and 45 both personally and professional....
Absolutely fantastic sacks !
Andy
Wulfrunian 16 Oct 2016

Have been using and abusing the Montane Cobra for 3 or 4 years now and have been very pleased with it. Tough as old boots.
 olddirtydoggy 16 Oct 2016

Personally the Ospreys give me back ache so I'd say whatever fits you best. I'd never buy a bag until I've loaded it in the shop and jumped around the place with it on. Personally the Montane packs work for me right up the range.
 bouldery bits 16 Oct 2016

My Cobra is brilliant and fantastically versatile. Dead simple and bomb proof. It gets used for everything from day walks to scrambling to Mountain Marathons and lightweight 2 or 3 dayers.

Can't comment on the F10 model.
 Mark Kemball 17 Oct 2016

I really rate my Blue Ice 26l Warthog. https://climbinggearreviewsuk.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/blue-ice-warthog-26-...
In reply to Mark Kemball:
Thanks for the replies. In the end I went for the Blue Ice Warthog 28.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...