Professional Career Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aigen 15 Oct 2016
Anyone know of a good professional career advice agency. At 40 I am constantly in and out of work due to the down turn in the oil & gas sector and cannot take it anymore.
 itsThere 15 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

Jump ship
 Pbob 15 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

If you are a graduate you could try your uni careers office. Some offer a service to alumni.
 wbo 15 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:
It's not easy. What do you do?
 jethro kiernan 15 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen: it's tough, you office or offshore based, I am in a similar position and getting pretty fed up with it
Good luck, can't offer much advice I'm having a good look at mid to long term change while trying to keep a much reduced oil income coming in.

Bernard Shakey 15 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

I know, on its arse oil and gas at the moment isn't it, doesn't look like picking up any time soon either
damhan-allaidh 17 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

I am a professional careers consultant. Would be happy for you to get in touch via email to see if an initial consultation would suit, and more formal discussion later.
 olliehales 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

Likewise here, I design chemical injection packages/cuttings re-injection etc for mainly O&G. We have seen our turnover half in the space of 12 months.

Redundancies this week unfortunately.

Even if I am safe for now - I am debating a change in direction over the coming months as can't see any immediate change on the horizon somehow.

Best of luck to you.
 planetmarshall 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

> At 40 I am constantly in and out of work due to the down turn in the oil & gas sector and cannot take it anymore.

You can't do programming. It's full.

galpinos 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

What do you do for the oil and gas sector? Surely you have transferable skills to similar industries?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...