La Sportiva Nepal Or Cube?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamesLamont 05 Oct 2016
Hi guys

Getting to that time of year where I'm thinking of replacing my Winter boots.

Currently have Manta's, and although they have stood the test of time, I have always struggled with having quite cold feet in them.

I'm looking to upgrade to a B3 boot, and would like something warmer for ice fall climbing (Norway), Summer Alpinism and Scottish Winter mountaineering/climbing.

I'm weighing up the La Sportiva Nepal Extreme GTX or the Nepal Cube GTX.

I've read a couple of reviews; they tend to point toward the Nepal Extreme being warmer but heavier, however I wondered if anyone on here had a view/first hand experience that I could factor in.

Thanks a lot
Climber Phil 05 Oct 2016
In reply to JamesLamont:
The Nepal cubes will be plenty warm enough. Plus you'll be glad of the lighter weight of them.
 Paul16 06 Oct 2016
In reply to JamesLamont:

I was in exactly the same situation - replacing my aging Manta's for the coming winter (hopefully).

I went for the cube's in the end because the warmth difference seemed pretty small yet the weight saving is significant. I hope that the Cube's will be considerably warmer than 8 year old Manta's!
 jonnie3430 06 Oct 2016
In reply to JamesLamont:

I replaced Nepals with Nepal cubes last winter and they've been great. Not noticed any difference in warmth or wear and the lighter weight is appreciated. I tried most of the competition, even bought a pair of mammut eiswands (painfully half a size too Small, still need to sell,) and am delighted with the cubes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...