Simond Alpine Jacket - alrternatives?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 28 Sep 2016

Hi!

This:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/alpinism-mens-jacket-orange-id_8304317.html?iv_=...

anything out there better for the money? Any alternatives worth considering as a value for money medium weight hardshell?

Thanks,

BB
 zimpara 29 Sep 2016
In reply to bouldery bits:

Looks pretty good, though if I had £130 for a hard shell, I'd put on another 80 and get a ME tulipak.
 davkeo 29 Sep 2016
In reply to zimpara:

do u know where to get an ME tupilak for £210?
 zimpara 29 Sep 2016
In reply to davkeo:

Outside
 davkeo 29 Sep 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Iv had a look outside. None there.

Any other clues?
 Andy Johnson 29 Sep 2016
In reply to davkeo:

Joe Browns have them for £230.
OP bouldery bits 29 Sep 2016

Thanks all - much to think about!
 Andy Hardy 29 Sep 2016

There was one of those on the sale rail at Stockport £99 (iirc)
 Timmd 29 Sep 2016

It's good that it's got a vislon zip, they're ment to be much more durable than coil ones.
 Kahti 30 Sep 2016

have only had my alpinism for a couple of months but so far it's a very nice jacket for the price. Time (and a winter season) will tell on durability but the aforementioned zip is one of the main reasons I bought it. I would say it feels more "bomber" than medium weight.
At the lightweight end of the spectrum, the rab spark jacket is really nice for around the same money. They were the only two appealing jackets I found around that price range, and in the end I went for durability over weight.
Also as stated many times by many people before, the alpinism softshell trousers are amazing, and I bought the jacket with hopes of similar value for money (although even money no object I can't think of many better trews)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...