Looking for Alps climbing partner- chamonix-october

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Callumjnelson 14 Sep 2016
Hi there,

Im looking at renting an apartment in Chamonix from the 4thof october until the 25th. The apartment can accommodate 3 to 4 people. I have some people who are already interested and are willing to share the cost and climb.

However I am looking for a climbing partner for this period of time in Chamonix who is either going to be in the Chamonix area or who would like to live in the apartment and split the cost. (the rate is really cheap for an apartment in the centre of Chamonix.) If the weather is good for the 3 weeks it will be a great opportunity to get out and do as much as possible in 3 weeks.

Message me if interested. Need to know asap so I can book the apartment

Cheers
 Misha 14 Sep 2016
In reply to Callumjnelson:
It would help if you set out your experience and what sort of stuff you're looking to do as your logbook is out of date and only lists sport routes.
OP Callumjnelson 16 Sep 2016
In reply to Misha:

Hi misha,

Very good point. Need to get round to updating this log book. I'm looking to climb routes at Ad and below and possibly to grade D.

Cheers Callum
In reply to Misha:

In regards experience I have climbed various sports routes, I have coined lots of 4000m peaks in the Alps after spending approx 9 weeks there in the last two years. I am currently doing some mountaineering in Kyrgyzstan.

I have done some trad routes in north wales and some ice climbing in Norway.

Kind regards

Callum
 Pero 16 Sep 2016
In reply to Callumjnelson:

> In regards experience I have climbed various sports routes, I have coined lots of 4000m peaks in the Alps after spending approx 9 weeks there in the last two years. I am currently doing some mountaineering in Kyrgyzstan.

> I have done some trad routes in north wales and some ice climbing in Norway.

> Kind regards

> Callum
Look at your post from the point of view of someone who doesn't know you.

You say you''ve done lots of 4000m peaks. Independent or guided?

You say you want to climb AD-D. What have you climbed (led or as an equal partner) at these grades?

"Some trad in N Wales". Is that D-S with a climbing instructor, or is that leading HVS-E2?

Most independent climbers would say something like: lead up to VS, and winter grade III.

To me, I may be wrong, it sounds like you're a beginner who's been guided up everything you've done. But, none of us reading your post would really know.

In reply to Pero:

Ok. Well nope I've climbed unguided in the Alps and in Kyrgyzstan. Climbed various 4000m peaks with the hardest difficulty at AD. Matterhorn and the Zinal Rothorn. In trad climbing led up to VS and sport 7a. Haven't done much winter in the uk, but pik Lenin was Scottish grade 2 in parts. I've led WI 3 in ice climbing.

In regards winter I am a newbie and in regards summer I've climbed rock a lot in sport but not a huge amount in trad. Again on ice I climbed for a week in rjukan so not a huge amount of mileage. Been climbing for less than 2 years so I guess I am rather new. In regards chamonix I've visited twice. I wouldn't lie, I would be learning some new stuff in regards to this trip and would appreciate someone who has experience and knowledge of the area. Yet I'm a safe belayer and climber who would look to start off on rock and get to know the other climber and then move on to harder stuff naturally.

Hope this is better

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...