Söll or St Anton 4 day ski trip March 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aostaman 11 Sep 2016
I am tasked with arranging a trip next year for 6 blokes. I am looking for recommendations for hotels, B&B's close to ski lifts and any info re transfers.

We are looking at these two options as in the past few years we have gone to the French Geneva resorts but looking at alternatives in Austria.

I would be grateful for any other info or tips and that includes other resorts.

Thanks in advance.
 andy 12 Sep 2016
In reply to aostaman:
We went to St Anton on a lads' trip - flew to Zurich on Swiss (free ski carriage) then a beery and sausagey lunch in the station, before a nice train journey direct to resort. Takes a full day but a lovely way to travel. Otherwise fly to Innsbruck for a short hop to resort.

In St Anton get a hotel up at the Galzig end of town as you can walk to the lifts on both sides of the valley. It's a great town for a party group, but you might want a guide for some of the more adventurous stuff. We used piste to powder.
 paulmck 12 Sep 2016
In reply to aostaman:

We usually fly Easyjet to Innsbruck, short bus ride to the train station and then train direct to St Anton. The station is in the centre of the resort. EasyJet flights going out are early which means you can have an afternoon on the slopes of the day you get there. Private transfer (in a mini van) might be the same cost as 6 train tickets though - there were only ever two of us so we never looked at that option.

We use the St Anton tourist board http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/winter to find accomodation. Never stayed anywhere bad and been there for four seasons over the last 10 years.
 andy 12 Sep 2016
In reply to paulmck:
Having not been to Austria much before the idea of smoking areas and bars was a bit of a surprise. Our hotel was great, but their bar allowed smoking so it tended to permeate upstairs a bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...