la sportiva size guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bamber85 22 Aug 2016
Can anybody let help me out Im going to buy some new rock shoes the la sportiva genius Im a uk size 10 so what size should i be buying my shoes at in the EU sizes. i've looked at the conversion but i think la sportiva are a little different in the conversion.
Ysgo 22 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

Find a shop stocking them, and buy them there. They're handmade so there's always a little variation in the fit.
 bouldery bits 22 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

The size guide on the Banana fingers site might help you but I'd recommend getting into a shop and trying some.
In reply to Bamber85:

Not sure about la sportive genius but I found I needed a smaller size in Katanas compared to Miura VS. If you can try them before you buy.
 AlanLittle 23 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

Have't worn the Genius but iirc it's the same last as the Testarossa. For those I go three full Euro sizes down. 45 street shoe size, 42 Testarossas.
OP Bamber85 23 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

Nice one guys.

I was struggling to find a shop where i could go in and try them. I've bought them online now and i can return them if they are not right.
 Jenny C 23 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

Get to a shop and try in person worth the time and cost of travelling if you can get a pair that fit properly.

Size wise with Sportiva probably at least 2 UK sizes smaller than your street shoes so UK 8, EU 42 - but that is just for starters and I certainly wouldn't advise buying without trying first.
 Bulls Crack 23 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

I've found to my cost that the size differential between different models of LS boots varies wildly so, if you can, try them on or be prepared to pay the postage for returns!
 sheppy 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

I am a 39 every time in Solutions but need 39.5 in Speedster and its looking like 40 for Genius but I have yet to try them on with feet "cold" I.e. not after several hours climbing on the wall!
For comparison I always took UK7 in 5.10 velcros, pinks, greens, whites when I used to wear them.
Removed User 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

I'm 8.5 in uk trainers. I wear 6.5 solutions for bouldering and 7 Miuras for leading. They destroy my toes in multipitch, thinking of going up to 7.5. The 6.5s are ok for 20-30min stretches and then need taking off for a few mins.
 AlanLittle 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Removed User:

My half a size up Miuras for multipitch took a year and one and a half sets of soles to become comfortable. But a full size up felt like they would qucikly become too floppy.
 Liamhutch89 24 Aug 2016
Uk10 normal shoes

42.5 for solutions
42 for the new skwarmas (best fitting shoe I've worn)

Genius didn't fit me as good in any size but 43 was best
 Offwidth 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Removed User:

Whats a man of your experience doing destroying your toes?
 UKC Forums 24 Aug 2016
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html
 Si dH 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Bamber85:

It varies from shoe type to shoe type, not just between brands. I'm a uk10 in street shoes and take instinct vs in eu42.5, but if I was buying anything other than another pair of those, I'd definitely try on first.
Removed User 24 Aug 2016
In reply to AlanLittle:

What a pain. Wonder if Katana laces would behave a bit more if I got them 7.5s.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...