Current Alps conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi. Am heading out tomorrow. I've checked the Cham OHM and that looks surprisingly good. Has it been a wet summer out there as well as here?

I'm not seeing any condition reports on here from the last week, sooooo......let's hear some first hand info from those out there or recently back.

What's in? What's not? Is it drier, normal or snowier than usual for this time of year? Have done about a dozen trips at various times from June to Sept so am used to being flexible around location and route choices. Any info gratefully received. Many thanks. Matt
 Misha 19 Aug 2016
In reply to cannichoutdoors:
The OHM updates are all you need to know really, especially if you go back through them for the whole season. They mention good/bad weather spells and impact on routes. I gather from people out there that conditions are great for the time of year, some days it's too hot overnight but the glaciers and schrunds are generally passable. Not too dry like this time last year or too snowy like the year before.
 tingle 20 Aug 2016
In reply to cannichoutdoors:

Anecdotally as I was leaving the other day there were some massive storms but weather looks fine on the reports now after today
In reply to tingle: Thanks both. Walked up to tierberglihutte in cloud on Sunday, did Sustenhorn Monday morning. Good conditions for time of year I'd say.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...