Vauxhall Movano Camper, 03 Plate, 79k, High Spec

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Richard Armour 17 Aug 2016

premier post photo
For Sale:

Vauxhall Movano Campervan, 2003 Plate, 79K Miles, Averages 40mpg, High Spec
Inc. Dual Hobs, Hot/Cold Running Water, Fridge, Heater, Solar Panel, 2 x 180Ah Leisure Batteries

My beloved Vauxhall Movano Campervan is up for sale. I am leaving the country for the foreseeable future and so unfortunately it is time to pass it on to a new lucky owner. It has been a pleasure to use for both weekend trips and longer term trips as well as using it as my full time home for 6 months (I would happily have done so permanently but for a change of circumstances). Van is in Sheffield.

Photos's can be found here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78486337@N02/?

So down to the nitty-gritty.....

The van itself:
- Is a Vauxhall Movano DTI 3500 LWB 2.5L camper conversion. It is registered as a motor caravan with the DVLA and as such benefits from the lower tax rates afforded to campers, cheap insurance (£220 a year for myself, bearing in mind my Peugot 206 is over double this that's pretty good!), cheaper ferry tickets, as well as less intensive and cheaper MOT tests than a normal van.
- 53 Plate (first registered in 2004)
- 79k Miles
- 6 Speed gearbox, so it is very economical, I average about 40MPG
- 3 Seater
- Full service history
- MOT until June 2017
- New timing belt, timing gear and timing tensioner fitted this year (May 2016)
- 2 Previous owners
- Side and Rear Windows, Rear windows are reflective, side is tinted to stop anyone unwanted peaking in.
- Body Work is sound and rust free and is in generally good condition, apart from the bonnet has a slight ding on it. There is also a small piece of trim missing under the offside headlight.

The conversion:

Sleeping/eating
- The bed comfortably fits two people, and utilises a telescopic leg allowing the central section to raise and the mattress to split leaving a table with two benches, including back cushions that can fit up to 6 people in case you want to invite friends around for dinner.
- Curtains are included that cover all the windows as well as the cab area.

Cooking/Washing/Fridge
- Smev 9222 Hob and Sink. This includes a double burner and sink with mixer tap, providing hot water.
- Gaslow R67 11kg LPG tank. Gas tank can be filled at any petrol station selling LPG. LPG has the advantage of being readily available on the continent, unlike Calor gas which can be almost impossible to get hold of. The gas not only feeds the cooker, but also the heater and water heater. LPG is also considerably cheaper than Calor to fill, 11kg costs around £5 as opposed to £35 and this will last approximately 9 £ 12 months of frequent use ie living in the van for several months at a time.
- 10L Truma Ultrastore Water Heater is used to heat the water and store's 10L of hot water.
- Propex HS2000 heater, which is connected to a timer allowing you to set the time and day the heater comes on, prime for those cold winter mornings.
- 70L water tank.
- Shurflo 30psi pump is used to pump the water around the system.
- Waeco Coolmatic MDC 110 Compressor Fridge. Waeco are the guys to go to for fridges in campervans and this is one of their top end fridges, usually with an rrp of £850! Compressor fridges run of a 12v battery and are considered to be way more economical, functional and quieter than 3 way fridges.

Electrics:
- 360Ah of power (2 x 180 Ah 12v batteries). Will easily keep you going for a couple of weeks stood still, without the help of the solar panel.
- 100W Solar panel to charge the batteries when sitting still, will keep the power flowing while your parked up. The solar panel is connected to an MPPT controller making it highly efficient.
Voltage Sensing Relay charger to charge the batteries when you are on the move. Very similar to a split charge relay, but doesn't require tapping in to the alternator so there is less to go wrong.
- Pure Sine Wave Inverter, allowing 240V power for all your electrical needs. Pure Sine Wave inverters are the safest form of inverter for using with high end electrical goods i.e. laptops/phones/cameras.
- 2 x Standard 3 Pin Plug Sockets, i.e. the same kind used in a house.
- 2 x USB Charging ports.
- 6 x LED spotlights controlled by light switches, one switch controlling the 4 LEDs over the cooker/kitchen area and another controlling the 2 over the bed
- Outside Spotlight, for when the weather is just to good to be inside

Speakers:
- 2 x 165AC Focal Speakers, 6.5£ 2 Way Coaxial Speakers, 60W (120W Peak). Exceptional sound quality with excellent range.
- JBL CS-1214 - 12" Car Subwoofer 1000W.

All yours for £6,950

PM me or call me on 07908823750
Post edited at 15:19

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...