SITE CHANGES: Update to user messaging

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi everyone, we've updated the method we use for user to user messaging as the previous system didn't work for Yahoo or AOL email accounts.

If you experience any hiccups with the new system then please reply to this. It should work exactly the same as before.

Cheers, Paul.
 L.A. 11 Aug 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: At last !

Tyler 11 Aug 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
> didn't work for Yahoo or AOL email accounts.

I didn't know such things still existed!
Post edited at 17:49
In reply to Tyler:
> I didn't know such things still existed!

... I know, right!
In reply to L.A.:

> At last !

You're welcome
 planetmarshall 12 Aug 2016

> Hi everyone, we've updated the method we use for user to user messaging as the previous system didn't work for Yahoo or AOL email accounts.

Yes, but when are we getting MySpace integration?

TobyA 12 Aug 2016

I still have a yahoo email, which I guess is 20 years old now! Works fine and I didn't realise there was a UKC issue - I've been getting PMs to it since I joined way back when!?

In reply to TobyA:

Maybe the yahoo.co.uk address aren't configured the way the yahoo.com inboxes are.
 alastairbegley 14 Aug 2016

The change to yahoo.com was made a few years ago, which stopped emails that failed DMARC (combination of spf and dkim) from being delivered. Earlier this year yahoo rolled our the change to their .co.uk addresses as well. At some point this year google will probably implement the same policy as well.

This has a big effect on anything which sends email "on behalf" of someone else, such as the old ukc contact form, or club mailing lists using mailman.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...