Mercedes Sprinter roof vent/window advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 betathief 25 Jul 2016
Hi,

I have a Mercedes MWB sprinter high roof 2010 model, and I'm looking at putting in some heiki roof lights, but there are two sizes for roof thickness 25-42 and 43-60mm. Does anyone know which i need to get?

I have spoke to mercedes and they basically don't know, and will get back in touch, so rang them back and they still don't know, I've been unable to get the specs online, and the shop selling them are unaware of what size we need, so thought id ask on here as some people have converted their own vehicles and might know have some advice, or maybe have done it to a sprinter and know what i need.

Thanks!
 jon freestone 26 Jul 2016
In reply to the ant hill mob:

I have a LWB Sprinter, I got it converted by a conversion company but from what I understand the thickness of the sky light depends on how much insulation etc you have, as the measurement goes from the outer skin (van roof) to the inside of the lining (the ceiling inside the van). The top half of the sky light slots in from the outside the bottom half slots in from the inside and then they are screwed together to pull the outside bit closer to the roof and make getting a seal easier, but the sprinter roofs have ridges running length ways along them so this makes getting a seal quite difficult (mine leaked this winter and I had to get it re-done).
Hope that helps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...