Patagonia Ascensionist 35l

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IainMunro 24 Jul 2016
Have been looking at this pack as a new Scottish winter/summer alpine pack. I seem to fall between back sizes when I measure as directed on the Patagonia site. I'm 6ft tall.

Has anyone got firsthand experience of the pack? Is the sizing generous or tight? I'm thinking of going for the small to make sure it doesn't get in the way of a harness but then suspect Patagonia will have designed this very much as a climbing pack so maybe the Long back is also shortish?!

Any advice much appreciated

Iain
 BnB 25 Jul 2016
In reply to IainMunro:

I tried both in the shop and bought the smaller size despite being in the larger range personally (6ft) as I concluded the longer back was more likely to impinge on your harness and gear. The impact on storage capacity is not critical as the pack takes a good 40l when expanded.
 soularch 25 Jul 2016
In reply to IainMunro:

I'm 5'11.5". Always had a problem with packs as I'm long legged with a shortish body and narrow shoulders - this pack in the small fits me perfectly (first climbing pack I can really say that about and I've tried a few!). It is minimalist and lightweight but the basic reinforced frame copes with load much better than the 25l version. So far materials seems pretty tough, it survived a lot of Gabbro attrition on Skye. Hope that helps some.
 Graham 27 Jul 2016
In reply to soularch:

I've got one. I like it, but I'd buy the BD Speed 30 instead (I have that one too) it's a little bit heavier, but easier to use. The patagonia has that weird collar that is kind of a pain to use. And the "lid" is lame. Patagonia seemed to want to change things that didn't really need a change.
OP IainMunro 30 Jul 2016
In reply to IainMunro:

Thanks all. Sounds like the small back length will be fine.

Next decision is what colour to get!! Too much choice

Iain
 Timmd 30 Jul 2016
In reply to IainMunro:

> Thanks all. Sounds like the small back length will be fine.

> Next decision is what colour to get!! Too much choice

> Iain

The colour that's hardest to lose.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...