Old Wild Country Khamsin pitch instructions needed please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pippa C camper 23 Jul 2016
I bought a second hand Wild Country 6 man Khamsin - it just has one compartment - the predecessor of the Monsoon. It has 4 poles- 3 the same length and one shorter. 3 poles in the inner and one in the front porch on outer. I cannot get it to pitch right and wonder if anyone could help please.
 EddInaBox 23 Jul 2016
In reply to Pippa C camper:

Try Terra Nova:
http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/p/help-advice/pitching-instructions/

"Looking for pitching instructions for your Terra Nova or Wild Country tent? The best place to find them is by looking in the tent-bag that came with your tent. Pitching instructions are sewn inside the tent-bag to ensure they’re available whenever you come to pitch the tent...

If you can’t find pitching instructions for your particular Terra Nova or Wild Country tent using either of the methods above, then please contact us and we’ll try to help."
 Timmd 23 Jul 2016

I'm thinking the shorter one either goes at the end where the porch is, or at the opposite end of the tent. That seems fairly logical if that's your only issue.

I have contacted Terra Nova but the instructions they sent bore no relation to my kit! I. Just can't seem to get it to 'sit right'.
Also sadly no instructions in the tent bag - that would be a good idea!
 John Kelly 23 Jul 2016

Is it all one tent, could poles have been mixed up at sometime?
matt265 09 Aug 2016
I have this tent, the inner tent is always a bit flappy at the back. I found best thing is to peg out inner, then slide poles in and erect, then re peg the inner as tight as possible, before putting outer up. Where the two poles cross this is the front entrance of the inner tent. Shorter pole for flysheet outer, is a tight fit, put this in first, then pole ends into tabs which are shared with front of inner tent and pull flysheet over towards rear. Let me know if you have any further Q's.
Post edited at 17:30
 Timmd 09 Aug 2016

I didn't mean to sound patronising by the way. It can be hard to tell with written text.
 marsbar 09 Aug 2016

Stupid question maybe, are you on flat ground?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...