SHOW REPORT: OutDoor 2016 - What's New? Climbing Hardware Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 Jul 2016
OutDoor 2016 Montage, 4 kbThe UKC team recently returned from the annual gear-fest that is OutDoor Friedrichshafen. Here are some video interviews with brand representatives, who talked us through the key features of their latest creations in climbing hardware.

Read more
In reply to UKC Gear:

As always Nick, a fine choice of image for the homepage. My PR agent will be in touch to discuss legal proceedings.

On a more serious note, if anyone has any further questions regarding any of the products feel free to post them up here. We do all we can to get the information across in the interviews, but there's always something that we miss. In fact, after the amount of coffee I drank throughout the show I'm surprised I managed to keep it together enough to ask even a single vaguely coherent question!

We'll let you be the judge anyhow.

Enjoy!

p.s. god bless you Stevie Haston...
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Lovin' that thumbnail Rob!
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Unless I've missed something, does the revo have a function for locking off deliberately, as gri-gri's do, for use when dogging a sport climb?

One of the nice things about a grigri is that when your partner says "take" you can lock off, which locks the device and then you only need to keep a grip on the rope, without actively locking off.

Also, it doesn't look like it can be used for abseiling?

Not quite sure what its target market is? Newbie onsight sport climbers?
 lithos 20 Jul 2016
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:
agree re-deliberately locking off is a good question,
maybe WC will do a full promo video addressing some of these questions ?

if it can used to lower it can be used to ab on (single rope obvs)

I'd imagine it's aimed at not dropping people when sports climbing!
 bensilvestre 20 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

The revo looks interesting for self belaying, was this discussed? If im correct a silent partner also uses an inertia wheel, but this is much cheaper and looks a lot less clunky.
 dawp4810 20 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

Think it’s Kolin and not Colin for info

I only know this because i bumped into him in Switzerland where he was climbing some nice looking alpine routes from the Orni hut
 L.A. 20 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Gear: To get it completely correct its also Powick not Powless - Its Kolin Powick of BD.

alx 20 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

A pensioner talking openly about the sturdiness of his helmet. Made my day.
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:

I'm not sure about that tbh. Rob will be reviewing it when he can get his hands on one and this will be checked.
In reply to bensilvestre:

> The revo looks interesting for self belaying, was this discussed? If im correct a silent partner also uses an inertia wheel, but this is much cheaper and looks a lot less clunky.

Interesting. I'm sure the aid & solo climbers will figure out many ways of using it inappropriately!
 odox 21 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

Looks like you guys got a bit obsessed about the revo, the Wild Country Cirrus video had the revo price on the end!
In reply to odox:

There's a lot of videos to edit. The price is the same fortunately
 Reaver2k 21 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

"So.. a brush... on a stick. [] We are suggesting an RRP of £39"

Really? But.. it's a brush on a stick.
 hokkyokusei 21 Jul 2016
In reply to Reaver2k:

> "So.. a brush... on a stick. [] We are suggesting an RRP of £39"

> Really? But.. it's a brush on a stick.

Isn't that a broom?
 Wft 22 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

Credit to you Rob, that Dwayne Dibley impression has cheered me up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...