COMPETITION: WINNER - Approach by Design: Win a pair of Arc'tery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Arcteryx Arakys Approach, 3 kbAn entirely new footwear concept, the Arakys combines all of the comfort features of a lightweight approach shoe with the inspired design of a technical rock climbing shoe.

Read more
 simes303 14 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

What a ridiculous video.
 thommi 14 Jul 2016
In reply to simes303:

yup.
 Sketchy 14 Jul 2016

Hideous.
 Greasy Prusiks 14 Jul 2016
In reply to simes303:

I can feel a parody video coming on...

Close up shots of sweaty hands, the woman takes a slow breath, zoom in on her closing her eyes, she stretches her fingers...

Black screen with caption-

"Months of effort"

"Hundreds of hours of hard work"

"Comes down to this"

She breathes out, opens her eyes and steps forward. Psyching herself up she reaches behind her and pulls out...

Her credit card. Puts it in the machine, types her PIN and pays.

ARC'TERYX Mind Blowingly Expensive
 James FR 14 Jul 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

> ARC'TERYX Mind Blowingly Expensive

Says in the article that they're less than a pound a pair...
 olddirtydoggy 14 Jul 2016

Theres nothing about this product I want or like. Vids like that are gloing to get a real pounding on here.
 Michael Hood 14 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles: An entirely new bullshit concept, the Arakys video combines all the bullshit of a normal video with the inspired extra of nothing actually happening in the video.

Read more >> do you really want to?

"the first ultra-light approach shoe designed for both indoor and outdoor climbers"

Does anyone else buy approach shoes for walking to their indoor centre?

I liked the part of the video where they end up at their personal projects. Probably didn't need quite so much directive indulgence before that.
 Steve nevers 17 Jul 2016

Advert is pants. Branding wank.

But at 1:00 in.. Anyone else notice the tying of a shoelace on a 5.10 shoe? Someones getting fired.
 John Alcock 02 Sep 2016
In reply to Steve nevers:

Possibly the most pretentious and irrelevant video ever. Whatever the "concept" was it had nothing to do with selling me a pair of shoes. The Director should be dragged through tick-infested Cheddar mud and nettles to re-connect him/her with "real" climbing.
Despite that I may buy the approach shoes for Portland/foreign sport climbing/descents off multi pitch faces. They do look good for their weight.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...