DMM customer service second to none!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GHawksworth 13 Jul 2016
I bought a Pivot back in March and somehow wore through it very quickly such that I wasn't very confident using it as the edges got quite sharp and it was deteriorating pretty quickly. The Sentinel I used with it wasn't in great nick either at only a year older. I decided to email DMM with pictures asking about life expectancy of belay plates. Their response was to take the items in for inspection and replace them with no cost!
They were very good through the whole ordeal and shared their lab results to ensure my equipment was safe, along with their thoughts of why wear occurred so quickly (dusty ropes and use on granite).
Although I wasn't too impressed with the durability of my Pivot, I am very impressed with how the company dealt with it! My confidence in DMM has grown tenfold and would never have an issue with asking for information from them again.
 snoop6060 14 Jul 2016
In reply to GHawksworth:

Second that, they recently kindly sent me a set of replacement buckles for my flight 45 bag.... Quick email, new set on my doorstep, no fuss. Never had a single issue with any of the uk climbing companies I've dealt with. Dmm, moon, alpkit and berghaus have all had exceptional customer service in my experience.
 CurlyStevo 14 Jul 2016
In reply to GHawksworth:

It is very good, I queried some brass offsets as they were marked during manufacturing in a slightly odd way. I sent pics and they asked me to send them in. They got back quickly saying it was only cosmetic and replaced them with perfect ones and a free biner!
Clauso 14 Jul 2016
In reply to GHawksworth:

Good to hear. I haven't yet had to resort to contacting their customer services, but experiences such as yours are a big part of the reason why I choose to buy my kit from DMM and other similar companies.
 andrewmc 14 Jul 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> It is very good, I queried some brass offsets as they were marked during manufacturing in a slightly odd way. I sent pics and they asked me to send them in. They got back quickly saying it was only cosmetic and replaced them with perfect ones and a free biner!

If you've ever seen the 'cosmetic seconds' range then you can appreciate the level of control DMM apply - usually it takes some time to work out why the thing is even a cosmetic second anyway! (usually some tiny tiny scratch or a slight manufacturing dent or something you'd never notice unless you were looking hard for it - and even then you aren't sure that's the reason...)
 Andy Cloquet 15 Jul 2016
In reply to GHawksworth:
Although I have no mandate from the AMI to speak on my peers' behalf, as a long-standing member, I know that AMI with its MIC's, MIA's and Trainees have long-held DMM as a very important partner in our work. The staff who accompany their products to our closed and national events are a credit to their company, too.
Post edited at 10:57

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...