Budget B1 Walking boots?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dking02 07 Jul 2016
Any ideas for a good pair of b1 walking boots reasonably cheap around £110 or less If its slightly over tell me about them anyway Thanks
In reply to dking02:
Mate pop into any store like Blacks and you'll find a decent selection in that price range. Or google "Karrimor KSB". Or - and this is totally serious, not a piss take and what I would do - for B1, get a comfy pair of trail shoes instead.
Post edited at 00:30
 BnB 08 Jul 2016
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Surely the point of a B1 boot is that it will take a crampon and provide a higher ankle (support/waterproofing) than a trail shoe?
 The Potato 08 Jul 2016
In reply to dking02:

Blacks/millets do some peter storm ones or karrimor both within budget. Also check on sports shoes .com or sport pursuit for deals on things like anatom
 Jenny C 08 Jul 2016
In reply to dking02:
New I very much doubt (other than second hand or clearance sale prices) if you will get a pair of B1 boots for under £200.

Do you need to be able to wear the boots with crampons? If not you would be looking at a BO boot which gives you lots of choice around £100, although for good ones you're probably looking closer to the £200 mark.
Post edited at 10:32
LakeDistrictMountaineer 08 Jul 2016
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

How the hell is a trail running shoe anything near a B1 boot?

Shocking advice. What if the OP needs to get their feet relatively warm and dry in the footwear in winter?

The better option would be to find a good second hand pair.
 Greasy Prusiks 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Jenny C:

In reply to OP; You really don't need to spend close to £200 to get a decent pair of B0 walking boots!
 ScottTalbot 08 Jul 2016
In reply to dking02:

I'd look at second hand too, although my b1's were £140 new (a few years ago). What size are you looking for? Mine are a 41 and have been worn twice in snow. I'm sure there will be plenty out there though.
OP dking02 08 Jul 2016
thanks for the response will check out what youve mentioned.The boots would probably not be used with crampons but would like to start more winter walking ect and im also going to switzerland so they need to be good but possibably forfure use crampon compatible Thanks
 olddirtydoggy 08 Jul 2016
In reply to dking02:

I got a brand new pair of B3 Lowa's from ebay for £120. A great pair of worn once Raichle B2's a long time ago for £60. Deals can be found if you put the time in.
In reply to dking02:

Apologies dude, I misread your post, I thought you wrote B0 boot.
 Andypeak 09 Jul 2016
In reply to dking02:

Simon one from Decathlon are £120. Seem like a brilliant boot but sadly don't fit me. From what I've heard they are about B1.5

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...