Brouillard Ridge access from Monzino Hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Keith Lambley 05 Jul 2016
Does anyone have any information regarding the new access from the Monzino Hut onto the lower part of the Brouillard Ridge ?

There is a bolt protected access up a gully, according to a new guidebook published last year but information is scant.

Keith
 jon 05 Jul 2016
In reply to Keith Lambley:
When you say the lower part of the Brouillard does that imply missing out Eccles and accessing it directly via Mont Brouillard/Punta Baretti? So before col Emile Rey? Or have I misunderstood?

http://s.camptocamp.org/uploads/images/1356973495_309633292.jpg
Post edited at 20:03
 MG 05 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:
You've understood. Apparently it pops out somewhere around Aigs Rouges du Brouillard. The line appears in Buscaini's CAI guide from the 1990s too at AD+ but no mention of bolts
Post edited at 20:23
 James FR 05 Jul 2016

I have no information, but if you haven't done it already you could email the hut: info@rifugiomonzino.com (it may be worth trying in Italian, I can't remember if they speak English there).
OP Keith Lambley 06 Jul 2016
In reply to MG:

The route does indeed meet the ridge somewhere below the Aigs Rouges du Brouillard, it starts directly accross the glacier from the Monzino Hut, it is mentioned in the new (June 2015) guide to the "4000m Peaks of the Alps" publisher www.ideamontagna.it in english, french and italian.
 Solaris 06 Jul 2016

A slightly off-topic observation, Ketih: for sheer persistence, you deserve this tick.
 Simon4 07 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:

Thats one hell of a picture of the South side of MB Jon,
 Simon4 07 Jul 2016
In reply to MG:

I bet finding the start would be fun!

I'll lay odds it is loose and dangerous as well.
 tjhare1 13 Jul 2016

This would be most helpful information! Please post if you have any update.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...