Belay glasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paulos 22 Jun 2016
I going to invest in some belay glasses. I have seen a cheap that look fine, but are unbranded. They are about half the price of y&y glasses for £55. I was going to go for the cheap pair, or would anyone recommend against this. Is the brand especially important, I thought they would all pretty do the same thing. Thanks
 nufkin 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Paulos:

As with most things, they cost what they do for a reason - if your reason(s) for having them correspond, buy them.
The CU belay glasses are very nicely made, lighter and less bulky than the Y&Y ones, but cost about £100. If you don't mind the difference, the Y&Y ones do the same thing for less money.
 sopaz 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Paulos:

I would recommend these http://www.lepirateglasses.com - quite thin so you can see around them when on, and made of plastic so pretty tough. I've trodden on mine before and they are still good!
 GridNorth 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Paulos:

IMO the CU glasses seem to seat a little better when you wear spectacles, possibly because of the lighter thinner frames.

Al
 whenry 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Paulos:

I've got Belaggles - not the cheapest, but easy to put on one-handed, and seem pretty robust. Looked at the Y&Y ones, but they seemed much more flimsy.
 humptydumpty 22 Jun 2016
In reply to sopaz:

Has anyone else tried these? Price is VERY good...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...