Walkers Haute Route Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denbo 20 Jun 2016
Doing "The Walkers Haute Route" (Chamonix to Zermatt) in August, can anyone suggest appropriate insurance cover and providers for this activity. Thanks
Naamah 20 Jun 2016
In reply to Denbo:

Could try Campbell Irvine?
 Cheese Monkey 20 Jun 2016
In reply to Denbo:

The AAC?
OP Denbo 20 Jun 2016
In reply to Naamah:

Thanks for that but I've just had a look and if I understand it correctly, cover is only available on a recognized trek if you are accompanied by a guide, our trip is self guided. I may give them a ring to check though.
 jon 20 Jun 2016
In reply to Denbo:
You say 'Walkers' haute route. Do you mean via the footpaths or via the glaciers? If the former then a regular insurance that covers alpine hill walking should be enough - with or without a guide. If you mean the latter then bear in mind that this can cause exactly this confusion - as the wakers haute route is normally the footpath version. That said, lots of folk walk the classic alpine version without a guide and manage to get insurance... When you phone them be specific and explain what's involved, if necessary.
Post edited at 15:04
Naamah 20 Jun 2016
In reply to Denbo:
Ahh sorry I think I may have misunderstood you; I do apologise.

Have you tried dog tag? Ive used them for ski excursions - competitive prices and will cover hiking I believe.

Plus: the dog tags are a cool memento of the trip

Edit: tense!
Post edited at 22:01
 pwo 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Denbo: consider joining the BMC and insurance via their thread. Also gives you reciprocal benefits at the huts. I had No problems in getting insurance for doing the haute route self guided.

robert-hutton 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Denbo:

I am doing the walk in a couple of weeks time using BMC insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...