Gear shops in the west Ecrins area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Smiffy 15 Jun 2016
Last year we stayed in Alfroide and there was a very good gear shop there with keen prices.
This year we are staying in the opposite valley at La Berarde, so it will be a very long drive round to Alfroide. So does anyone know of any gear shops on that side of the valley? Gap or Grenoble would be the obvious choices, unless there are shops nearer. I have tried a google search, but all I end up with is UK shops selling books / maps for the ecrins area, when I am actually after local outdoor shops in the ecrins area. I do not the correct French search term for outdoor gear shops either. "Boutique de plein air" didn't seem to work that well to be honest.
 Martin Haworth 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Smiffy:

Try googling "La Berarde shops"
In reply to Smiffy:

Go to the Petzl website and do a dealer search. Every french outdoor shop stocks Petzl.
 GeorgeR 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Smiffy:

Try Bourg D'Oison which is were the nearest supermarket is to La Berarde, there used to be a couple in the main square.
OP Smiffy 15 Jun 2016
In reply to GeorgeR:
Thanks, Just had a look at Bourg D'Osian and there seems to be quite a bit of choice there. They hire gear too. Not too far to drive either. It is just something to use up time on rest days / poor weather.
 Andrew Lodge 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Smiffy:

There is nothing in La Berade but at least one good gear shop in the centre of Bourg d'Osian, we got a great VF kit for my son there.
 Dave Williams 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Smiffy:

I agree, there's one reasonable shop in Bourg d'Osian. The Au Vieux Campeur in Grenoble is very good, but isn't quite in the city centre and if you get the one-way navigation wrong it can be a bit of a trial to find by car. But otherwise definitely worth a look if passing.

> It is just something to use up time on rest days / poor weather.

If having a rest day, supermarket run or escaping the mountain weather, this place is a bit of a laugh for an hour or two: Le Vernis
The lower crag is quite shaded too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...