Which boot for Gran Paradiso

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 14 Jun 2016
I have La Sportiva Nepal extremes(B3) and Mammut Magic GTX(B2) boots but not sure which boots I should take
I know technically I will be ok in my Mammut boots but the temperature difference at over 4000m could be cold especially hanging round on the summit ridge as it looks quite busy at times
I am going in September 5th and was wondering what temperature I would encounter that time of year.
Thanks
 duprer1 14 Jun 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

I would go with the B2s and enjoy the trip. I have used Nepals in June (similar climate to september) and they were too heavy, hot and clunky for the pace you need to maintain.
If you are concerned and have the space take both pairs out with you and try them both while on your acclimatisation routes.
OP andyd1970 15 Jun 2016
In reply to duprer1:

Was thinking that but we are taking quite a bit of kit for camping etc, so limited to weight on the flight out
 Jasonic 15 Jun 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

Either would do, I used B2s .. enjoyable, despite the crowds
 duprer1 21 Jun 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

The mammut magic is pretty perfect for your requirements. I have a pair of monoliths which are my go to boots over the nepals when mountaineering. I have used them in winter in scotland and found them great. You will be spending alot of time in crampons and so need to try keep weight down here as 1kg on the foot is equivalent to 5kg on your back so i am told.

Just make sure the boots you choose to take are sized correctly so dont cause blisters or hurt your toes when kicking steps.
OP andyd1970 22 Jun 2016
In reply to duprer1:

Worn the boots loads of times in Scotland but wasn't sure what temperature to expect but thanks
OP andyd1970 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Mark Collins:

Lol
Definitely the right boots
 DaveHK 22 Jun 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

Ski boots. And skis too obviously. Though maybe not in September.
 duprer1 22 Jun 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/mountain_ranges/alps/subranges

You will be able to keep an eye on forecasts on that link. Will be similar to current temperatures. About -5 to 5 degrees.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...