Cuillin Round

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I just wanted to publicise a round of the red and black cuillin set up by Rob Woodall and Yiannis Tridimas, and to invite UKCers to have a go. I completed the route last weekend and have posted up details at http://longdistancechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/cuillin-round-4-5-june...
Gone for good 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Full moon addict:

Congratulations! A great achievement.
 Michael Hood 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Full moon addict: Old mate of mine (Mike Sheldrake) did a sub-24 hour round of Coruisk many years ago - late 70s. Main Cullin ridge but I don't know what peaks he went over after Gillean - I think it included all the greater traverse + some more peaks. Certainly at the time there was no 24 hour challenge like that on Skye and it's quite possible that he was the first to do such a sub 24 hour circuit there.

In reply to Michael Hood:

thats interesting. I think he would have been the first to do this. I'd be interested in details if you are still in touch.
 Michael Hood 07 Jun 2016
No longer in touch but I'll try and find you some contact details. I do remember it was to raise money after a girl from our school was one of several (8?) who died in an alpine accident caused by (someone else) slipping on a popular descent route.
Post edited at 17:38
 Michael Hood 07 Jun 2016

yhm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...