La Sportiva Trango Extreme Evo GTX Alternative?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BobHoliday 06 Jun 2016
Searching round I find a lot of very positive reviews for the La Sportiva Trango Extreme Evo GTX boots.

Decided to buy some but can find almost none for sale - just a few sites with a few odd sizes left.

Is there a new model now perhaps?

I need something to take step-in crampons, for summer alpine (frendo spur etc hopefully) use.

TY!
 mff513 07 Jun 2016
In reply to BobHoliday:

Yeah they replaced the trango extreme with the trango ice cube super nice but 400 quid ish so quite pricey. Try Scarpa rebel pro's they are similar.
 HimTiggins 07 Jun 2016
In reply to BobHoliday:

I used to have Trango Extreme Evos, they were excellent as an all rounder for both Scottish winter and summer alpine. I now have Nepal Cubes for Scottish winter, which are loads warmer and a lot more hard wearing, but also still really comfy. I also bought Trango S Evos for summer alps, which have been superb so far. Warm enough for me, great for climbing in and really quite light. They don't take a full step in crampon as they don't have a toe bail, but do have the heel lug, so will take a clip heel crampon. Also, depending on your size, it looks like you could pick up a pair for about £180. As much as the Extreme Evos were a great all rounder, I wouldn't swap back from the combination I have now.

Hope that helps!
Climber Phil 07 Jun 2016
In reply to BobHoliday: the trango ice cubes. Super light. I'd say as warm as nepals. Awesome boots.

OP BobHoliday 08 Jun 2016
In reply to BobHoliday:

Thanks everyone!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...