2016 Coaching Holidays - Kalymnos & Fontainebleau

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Adrian Berry Global Crag Moderator 04 Jun 2016
premier post photo
We offer week-long climbing holidays with coaching from highly experienced, professional climbers. The aims of the trips are to have a great time, impart new skills and approaches, and to attain new levels of ability and confidence. The principal focus is the mind - and we are particularly experienced with helping climbers overcome their fears. There are no restrictions on ability - we just ask that you are safe to climb without any safety instruction.

Although we’re in our fifteenth year, we’re always keen to act on feedback and offer new and better ways of delivering our promises: sport climbing trips in 2016 will include an evening programme of mini-lectures throughout the week to compliment the at-the-crag workshops and coaching. Also, in 2016 the sport climbing trips will see that every client gets a full day of 1:1 coaching, and an end-of-trip written report.

Here is our line-up of climbing coaching holidays for the remainder of 2016:

The Fontainebleau Workshop 2016

Hosted by Adrian Berry and Gareth Parry

£590: September 3rd - 10th

We love Font - and if you've not been yet, you're really missing something - it's even better when we show you around and can help you unlock its secrets. The focus of this trip is climbing technique, each day we explore specific techniques and through immediate feedback show how good movement skills often out-perform brute strength. Suitable for all climbers keen to improve - including indoor-only experience. Price includes breakfast and lunch.

http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/fontainebleau_coachi...

The Kalymnos Workshop 2016

Hosted by Adrian Berry with Gareth Parry.

£590: September 17th - 24th

Join us in Kalymnos in September for another epic week on our favourite Greek island. We have seen so many amazing accomplishments take place in Kalymnos over the years that we can't stop going back for more! The week looks at the tactical skills, specific techniques (such as steep rock and tufa climbing), and psychological approach plus whatever you want to get from it! There are four evening presentations that compliment the at-the-crag workshops. Price includes hotel accommodation and there is a pre-trip training program to help you prepare.

http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/kalymnos_coaching_ho...

Feedback from our last coaching week in Provence in May:

"Thank you for a truly amazing time on the Positive Climbing week at your beautiful home in Provence. I must admit that I thought the week might have been beyond my capabilities due to my inexperience and age, but you and Gaz quickly put me at ease and allayed those lurking fears. As did the other members on the course. You and Gaz are a superb team/duo - encouraging, positive, amusing and funny. Perfect!"

"I had a great week and learned a ton. I'll probably book into either your Kalymnos trip or the other Font one. The evening presentations were excellent - I found the ones on the mental side of climbing most helpful. I really liked the continuity of doing them after a day on the rock, because everyone was in a focused place to reflect and absorb the information and relate it back to their climbing that day. I really appreciated the time 1on1 with you or Gaz, so I would continue doing those days like that."

"Feeling a lot more motivated now so thats good. Hopefully will book up another trip soon!"

"Interesting for me was to see how much the fear of falling could hold back people in their climbing even after the fall practice, I know that I was the same three years ago and I’m really happy that with your help I managed to change this behavior. For myself I now have the feeling that 7a is feasible and I want to try to redpoint as much as possible within this year." a couple of weeks later: "On Saturday I redpointed my 7a project in Malaucène. In the end it did not even feel as if I was climbing at my limit. So again many thanks for coaching me and helping me to find the right attitude to get my first 7a done. Hope to get some more done within this year."

"A great week which I’ll remember for a long time. Hopefully I’ll make it back again one of these days."

"Many thanks for the helpful and encouraging feedback. I feel that the coaching that you and Gaz provided last week has really helped me get the right mindset for sport climbing. It's difficult to find fault with any aspects of the course. The coaching was excellent from both of you. The crags that we went to just right for our level, and I appreciated having the video of me climbing. Once again thanks for an excellent week of climbing."

"Thanks for the feedback and also for an excellent week. It's certainly given me the "kick" I needed!"

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...