Cycling Event Scotland on Monday ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dark-Cloud 01 Jun 2016
Does anybody know what the even was that was running on Monday just gone, i saw the riders heading to Spean Bridge direction on the A86 along Loch Laggan.

Looked like a sportive but riders had numbers pinned which would suggest a RR but no following cars that I could see and riders all over the place in big groups, could have been a handicapped RR i suppose ?

I looked on some events lists but couldn't see anything, any ideas ?
 balmybaldwin 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Most sportives issue numbers to riders
 Mark020 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
Tour of the Highlands I presume.

Its a day either side of the 3 Pistes.

Cheers,
Mark
Post edited at 13:27
OP Dark-Cloud 01 Jun 2016
In reply to balmybaldwin:
Normally on the bike, not on rear of jersey, also the road signs were "Caution - Cycle RACE in progress" which it clearly wasn't.
Post edited at 15:34
OP Dark-Cloud 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Mark020:

Yes that's it, thanks.
 gethin_allen 02 Jun 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> Normally on the bike, not on rear of jersey, also the road signs were "Caution - Cycle RACE in progress" which it clearly wasn't.

I've done a few sportives with pin on rider numbers and have seen "cycle race in progress" signs on very non race events. So this doesn't really say anything about the event.
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

That was me (+199 riders)!

Tour o the highlands is an amazing 3 day event - this is the inaugural event. 3 days of stunning weather punctuated by minor monsoon on Cairngorm. Felt like we had a tailwind every day too. 100+ miles every day.

Needs a few rough edges ironed out but the guy that runs is class and I'm sure its only gonna get better. Day 2 is an epic day by itself but sandwich it between a hardish Day 1 and an easy Day 3 and you've got an amazing long weekend.

Check out the TOTH Facebook site video "Most Scottish start to a sportive ever"...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...